No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i was gonna start fishing but now Im picking up a smoke pole Jooger is loaning me while hes at work. I just cant get this season behind me.... have never had so many big deer on camera but ONE DEER has ruined my season so far. I hope noone told him i borrowed that smoke pole!
    Last edited by GarGuy; 01-07-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Well i was gonna start fishing but now Im picking up a smoke pole Jooger is loaning me while hes at work. I just cant get this season behind me.... have never had so many big deer on camera but ONE DEER has ruined my season so far. I hope noone told him i borrowed that smoke pole!

Go get em.
      If i can’t get it done today I got my CVA ready for the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Well, I don't have a smoke pole or a place to hunt with one, so it's over for me... first deer season in 36 years that I haven't killed a deer... With bein' busy at work and home and Harvey pretty much wiping out my sets on my lease property and the fact that I just can't seem to bring myself to shoot one of "my" deer that hang out at my house... I got skunked... I'll be ready next year.

Sure enjoyed this thread and following along with you guys this year! Thank you Johnny for gettin' it kicked off!

Maybe somebody ought to start a fishin' thread! I'm gonna be ready to hit it pretty quick! I have two trips booked for the Chandeleur's and I got me a whole sack full of new lures to try out before those trips...
        Two trips??

I got invited on one in May. Same boat and hope the same crew. I'm going to get with Austin when it gets closer
        Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        My wife is in the same boat. I'll be putting the TC together this week for her. We will get one more go at them. She could have shot a 3 point this morning but decided letting a youngster walk was better than punching a tag

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Well, I don't have a smoke pole or a place to hunt with one, so it's over for me... first deer season in 36 years that I haven't killed a deer... With bein' busy at work and home and Harvey pretty much wiping out my sets on my lease property and the fact that I just can't seem to bring myself to shoot one of "my" deer that hang out at my house... I got skunked... I'll be ready next year.

Sure enjoyed this thread and following along with you guys this year! Thank you Johnny for gettin' it kicked off!

Maybe somebody ought to start a fishin' thread! I'm gonna be ready to hit it pretty quick! I have two trips booked for the Chandeleur's and I got me a whole sack full of new lures to try out before those trips...

Tough season. Good luck fishin’

Comment

Our season turned out pretty good this year, my wife and I both got 10pts at the home property, my wife was able to harvest a nice blackbuck for the wall out west and today I watched another nice 10pt stroll through so if he makes it a few more weeks he will be home free for the legal hunting season. Time to start slaying some pigs and fish. Wife got me a new night vision scope so I have a couple of 250 pound boars to take out.

Comment

We had a great season. Daughter shot two, my son shot his first buck and they both got a nice ram. I didnt shoot a deer but it was best season ive had. Now on to shooting/trapping hogs, and doing a little fishing. Kids are really starting to enjoy the outdoors. Gonna try to go camping some too.

Comment

My best friend killed this guy yesterday in Henderson county on the property we hunt, I was with him, awesome experience
                I have 3 trail cameras on the property with over 5000 pics of animals and he’s not on any of them
                Showed up out of nowhere and we both **** our pants, we didn’t expect to see much but just wanted to have fun shooting the **** in the blind and watch the earth wake up
                Scored a 137

Comment

Great East Texas season here also. Let a lot of nice deer walk and still filled the freezer.
                  Time to start preparing for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                    My best friend killed this guy yesterday in Henderson county on the property we hunt, I was with him, awesome experience
                    I have 3 trail cameras on the property with over 5000 pics of animals and he’s not on any of them
                    Showed up out of nowhere and we both **** our pants, we didn’t expect to see much but just wanted to have fun shooting the **** in the blind and watch the earth wake up
                    Scored a 137

To me that's the perfect whitetail, congrats to your mate [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome mature East Texas buck. Congrats to y'all for sticking with it!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                        Scored a 137

Awesome buck!

Comment

Nice deer bro. Congratulations

Comment

Nice buck

Comment

I don’t know what it is about Anderson, Cherokee, Henderson, and Rusk counties but that block of counties always churns out some good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by JPHunting View Post
                                What ended up happening with these reds? Did you see them again?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                                The last time on camera was September. My wife's Uncle spotted one by a pond on the opposite side of the property, a mile from this camera, in October. Hoping to catch back up with them sometime. I sat/stalked many hours this year trying to locate them, hoping the neighbors didn't find them first.

Comment

Working...
                                X