Best DSLR Camera for the Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best DSLR Camera for the Family

We are wanting to get a DSLR Camera to start taking more/better pictures of our boys as they grow up. Any suggestions?

I think the cabins are more user friendly

Comment

I'm a Canon user. I don't think you can go wrong with Canon or Nikon. A lot of people are going mirrorless. Consider Sony for that type.

Comment

It's all about the budget, but I'm a Canon guy.

Comment

I bought a Nikon D5000 from a tbhr and its doing the job very well for a couple of novices.

Comment

For the money and dual purpose, it's hard to beat a smart phone these days. I shoot Nikon but Canon, as mentioned, is equal to the task. If you insist on DSLR, start with a 50mm prime lens. They make inexpesnsive versions that are under $200 that work really well.

Here's a good place to educate yourself.

https://www.dpreview.com

Comment

Don't be afraid to buy used. People trading up frequently has created a great used market.

Comment

I got a nikon with 18-70mm lens that is pretty nice all around but those Sony alphas are nice too my buddy has one and takes awesome pics and he can connect it wifi to his phone and send himself pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  Don't be afraid to buy used. People trading up frequently has created a great used market.
                  Yup..I bought my nikon used off of here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

We've had a low end Nikon from Sams for a few months, very pleased. Much better than our iPhones.

Comment

Being a huge Nikon guy(when it comes to cameras) that would be my recommendation.
                      However I would strong urge you to look into going mirrorless. Like the Sony Alpha.

With the technological advances in cameras, I'm fearful that SLR/DSLR are going to be obsolete within the next five years. Just food for thought.

Comment

my son got this for graduation. great camera. fantastic pictures.

Comment

funny this thread is here. I am stuck in the paralysis by analysis phase right now.
                          I have had a cannon point and shoot. Then a Sony DLSR. Then I went to iphone camera stuff. Now I am back to DLSR.. I think.

I keep looking at the Cannon Rebel T6i and then see the T7i is better and newer but.. They are both better than me. So does it really matter..

Comment

I have an older Canon that still takes great pics. I would like a newer version mainly for the video features. The glass you put on the camera is really more important than the body itself and I'll never be able to afford great lenses.

Comment

Get a refurb from Canon. I'm using a t5i and it does fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X