smelly doe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smelly doe...

Ok buddy killed a doe this weekend, PERFECT shot with a 30-30(mld don't freak). I mean shot was AWESOME.... but anyway, walked up, she smelled like a deer, the good deer smell of their fur and stuff... then we started cleaning her and MY GOD, she smelled... Not like gut really, just SMELLED. It was bad.

I was like man must have clipped something. Washed meat, iced down. He brought cooler back and IT STILL SMELLED.

I PROMISE it was a doe, I saw the bag... Anybody else seen this?

Strange. Funky diet maybe?

Comment

killed same place as every other one we have killed... was weird deel. If the meat smells like that when he goes to cook it I couldn't eat it...

Comment

I wouldn't even cook it. Happened to me once with a hog. Near as dead and I could tell, it had some sort of infection and fever. I decided to throw it away instead

Comment

Deer was healthy all seemed normal but smell

Comment

smells Don't eat it!

Comment

Just because she looked healthy doesn't mean she was. A foul smell can mean some sort of infection that is otherwise undetectable. Don't eat it.

Comment

Maybe contact county extension agent or TPWD to see about getting samples analyzed. Deer are considered a public resource; let public agencies check it out for you. Might be something to make hunters across the state aware of, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Maybe contact county extension agent or TPWD to see about getting samples analyzed. Deer are considered a public resource; let public agencies check it out for you. Might be something to make hunters across the state aware of, as well.

X2

Comment

This comes to mind...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXIZuIBJKs"]Phoebe Buffay - Smelly Cat - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                    X