Finally stopping these dang coons!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally stopping these dang coons!!!!

I filled up this double stack feeder about a month ago. Came back and it was empty. Usually it lasts me the whole season. I hate that feeling when you've been sitting in the stand forever and feeder never goes off. I couldn't believe 14 bags of corn were gone that fast. Checked the cameras and the coons figured out how to spin the plate and turn my feeder into a buffet. Also had a smart buck licking the plate doing the same thing. I'm still shocked they ate so much.
    So I will be putting an end to the fat kids stealing all my corn. Took a little while but definitely worth the time. $20-30 worth of metal and it's a some deal. No more buffet for you!!!!!!

Sweet

Comment

LOL!!! Yep, that ought to do it!

Comment

That will work...

Comment

Hey. Might as well do it right first time round.

Comment

You must not have hogs with the motor and spinner that close to the ground. Good looking work!

Comment

I do actually. One big hog we call Volkswagen. Apparently he's not violent oh he'd have torn it up already. I wanted to raise it but any higher you'd have to have a boom lift to fill it.

Comment

Nice work . I'll like the see the coons faces when they see this..

Comment

I guess you don't think coons are smart enough to get that ratchet strap off?
                  Well they are!

1/4" self tapper screws into that rolled lip in the bottom barrel will work, just use big washers or just bend wire into circles all over.
                  Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 10-24-2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                    I guess you don't think coons are smart enough to get that ratchet strap off?
                    Well they are!

1/4" self tapper screws into that rolled lip in the bottom barrel will work, just use big washers or just bend wire into circles all over.
                    X2 they're definitely smart enough

Comment

My hog feeder has a strap like this--and I just replaced it yesterday after 3 years. Never had a problem with the coons. Squirrels did chew the handle on the crank all to heck tho-

I'd raise the feeder--my hogs would have the mechanism torn off of it in a week--sure rather fill it 2x per season than trying to balance on a ladder with a sack/bucket of corn to fill that tower.

Comment

Working...
                      X