Neighbor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbor question

So I have a neighbor that has 2 acres next to my place. About 50x30 ft. of the property is wooded and joins my place. I have a protein feeder that is about 75 yrds from his property line that I do not hunt and actually don't hunt my 11 acres at all. I do however have permission to hunt 700 acres to the north. That being said, the neighbor set up a decoy 5 yrds from my property line and a feeder 10 yrds from that. There is very little chance of him shooting a deer and not having him cross my property lines, I think he should have asked myself and our other neighbors if he could get permission to recover a deer in the event he shot one, am I off base here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be best if he asked before, but he doesn't have to ask unless it crosses the fence. Even then, most people don't ask.

Maybe he will go for a head shot. Are firearms legal in your area?

Comment

If the neighbor is a good guy, he should call and ask if he was to shoot one and it cross over. I would hate a neighbor that would say no after me calling and asking permission. Seems like there needs to be a dinner or a camp fire with both families over to get to know each other.

Comment

Hunting on two acres seems a bit ridiculous and unsafe. I'd be more concerned about the guy shooting across my property.

Comment

If a projectile crosses property line he is breaking the law. I would be more concerned with that than anything

Comment

Its archery only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
              If a projectile crosses property line he is breaking the law. I would be more concerned with that than anything
              I was think that too..Might be woth talking to GW

Comment

he needs 10 acres according to tpwd depending on county... maybe print this out and drop in his mailbox

Comment

It would have been the neighborly thing to do but even if you told him no on looking for deer once it crosses your property it is his responsibility to look for that animal and if he calls the warden then they will end up on your property regardless

Comment

That law is for rifle

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                      https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...as-in-counties

he needs 10 acres according to tpwd depending on county... maybe print this out and drop in his mailbox
                      Only if its a subdivision.

Originally posted by John Bowy View Post
                      That law is for rifle
                      It was changed last year to add archery equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                        https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...as-in-counties

Bam. Check with the county and see what the deal is regarding size of property needed.

Comment

I guess it's up to your local regulations

Comment

High fence him out and be done with him. Have you not had problems with this neighbor before?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                              Bam. Check with the county and see what the deal is regarding size of property needed.
                              If he’s just on a county road somewhere out in the country, he can let her rip on a half acre if he wants to. This is for subdivisions

Comment

Working...
                              X