Passed up a Giant buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passed up a Giant buck

Ok! So I experienced the worst thing ever yesterday. Let me preface this by saying that my largest buck to date is 173". So yesterday during the evening hunt in Ohio I see a 200+ buck tending a doe at around 150 yards and they appear to keep working their way my direction. All the while I have a 180+ walk within 20 yards. So I passed him. I've never experienced buck fever to that degree before and now I sit in camp hating that I may have blown a chance at the biggest buck of my life for another biggest buck if my life. Let's see what this morning brings. Just had to vent.

Wow!

Comment

How about making this a live hunt! I hope you stick a big'un!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Man that's a tough one to take. Good luck

Comment

Wow. That would have been tough to do. Anymore details of the hunt?

Comment

Livin'n a dream right now,soak it all in and good luck to you on one of those midwest monsters!

Comment

I can't even

Comment

Sorry bud but I find it really, really hard to feel bad for anyone that has to even think twice about passing up a mature monster like that. I'm thinking you gonna be just fine. J/k Good luck man

Comment

One in the hand is better than 2 in the brush!! Tough decision, think I'd went with the closest one with bow in hand

Comment

Hey you did the right thing. That 200" is still in the area.

Comment

Stay at it you will get him, good luck.

Comment

I think you got the plus part right....

he is tough to pass up.

Big question is, will you pass him again?

Comment

Sounds like you got good problems. Biggest buck I've seen this season is 2.5 yr old 80" class 8-point so I can't feel too sorry for you

That big guys probably still in the area though. Good luck to you

Comment

.......a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush!!!!!

..........you sir are CRAZY for passin that deer up!!!!!!! Best of luck on the remainder of your hunt!

Comment

Working...
                              X