Question for the Veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Veterans

I have a new employee that states he was in the Marines. Yet, he cannot produce a DD-214 or any kind of paperwork. I have known this man for 15-20 years and never questioned it. Now that he works for me ( Army vet of 12 years) I am starting to wonder if he is full of crap or not. I honestly feel if he cant come up with some kind of document besides a T-Shirt it's going to cause problems with some customers having a fake working here. Opinions??

He can request a copy from the VA.

Comment

tell him to get in touch with the veterans affairs office. if the person was in he should be able to get a copy of his dd 214. i lost mine then called the va and got them to send me it and they put in on cd with all my documents for getting into the military. And if he still cant produce one he is full of crap.

Comment

However, I personally believe that it could cause problems for everyone if in fact he is NOT a Marine.

Comment

Sucks to think that there are people out there like this.

Comment

It's simple to get a copy of a dd214 I had to a few weeks back. Filled out some stuff online and got it in the mail bout a week and a half later.

Comment

Here ya go--all he has to do is ask--

And, you do not have to file it at the county clerk's office. I didn't and won't as I don't want my personal info in a public-accessible place.
              Last edited by dustoffer; 11-03-2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, you are required to file the DD214 at your county clerks office.....At least I did. Went there a few years back to get a copy. Eazy Breezy.

Comment

You can request a copy of his personnel records via a freedom of information act request, through the national personnel center. If you google FOIA request you can get the info to file a request. I don't blame you on wanting to know the truth as vets we kind of have to police ourselves and any vet should know how to get a copy of their DD214. If he doesn't know how to get a copy offer to help, and if he still doesn't want to produce it it could be one of two things either he got a big chicken dinner or he's a poser. If a BCD I can understand why he wouldn't want to share, if a poser then you know what to do. Good luck brother.

Comment

I have had to get a copy of mine through the county. The big problem I have is that when he asks about it he states that he was discharged but cant prove anything. Fishy as all get out. I'm not one to doubt but he is ticking me off.

Comment

Easy to request a replacement copy....unless you're hiding something.....then it's pretty hard to request a replacement copy. HA !!

Comment

Ask him what platoon he was in at MCRD? No one forgets their platoon number.

Ask him his MOS (the actual number, not just the name of it). No one forgets that.

Asked him what schools he went to and where they were.

I ratted out my next door neighbor in 5 minutes because he was full of feces and didn't know anything. He got sent home from boot camp on a medical but had told his wife (and other neighbors) that he was a high speed anti-terrorism guru. He don't wear his tshirts around me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner87 View Post
                          However, I personally believe that it could cause problems for everyone if in fact he is NOT a Marine.
                          Ditto on that!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Ask him his MOS (the actual number, not just the name of it). No one forgets that.

I ratted out my next door neighbor in 5 minutes because he was full of feces and didn't know anything. He got sent home from boot camp on a medical but had told his wife (and other neighbors) that he was a high speed anti-terrorism guru. He don't wear his tshirts around me anymore.
                            ^^This is exactly what I was going to say next. Nothing more yanks my chain than a fake. It also becomes against the law under the Stolen Valor act if he has used it to gain anything in a monetary value.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

LOL, that funny! He claimed he was in F.A.S.T. Co. huh.. What a chode..

Comment

Working...
                              X