I Need a New Internet Provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need a New Internet Provider

I currently have AT&T DSL internet. I am constantly losing the DSL signal and have to close my browser and reopen. This happens 5-10 times a day.

I have DirecTV (very happy with it) so cable internet is not an option. Internet signal needs to come through a phone line. Suggestions?

Call AT&T and they can walk you through your issue. I had that going on a while back and I haven't had the issue since then.

Comment

Closing your browser and reopening it would not restore a dropped dsl connection. I suspect you got something else going on with your computer.

Comment

If you PM me I can give you some tests to run to determine if it's your computer or your internet connection.

Comment

What browser?

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
            Closing your browser and reopening it would not restore a dropped dsl connection. I suspect you got something else going on with your computer.
            The error message says it is a loss of the DSL signal. When I look at the wireless router, there is a DSL light that blinks (fast) when I lose the signal. That light is constant when I have a signal.

Comment

Originally posted by SM-Houston View Post
              What browser?
              IE

Comment

Didn't realize it was wireless. I bet it is your wireless connection and not your internet connection. Are you able to plug directly into the router?

Comment

If you PM me I can give you some tests to run to determine if it's your computer or your internet connection.
                  PM sent

Comment

Didn't realize it was wireless. I bet it is your wireless connection and not your internet connection. Are you able to plug directly into the router?
                    It looks like the router has several ports for "Local Ethernet" but I don't have any cables unfortunately.

Comment

Sent you a PM on some tests to run when you drop. Gotta do them as soon as it happens tho. Let me know.

Comment

Sent you a PM on some tests to run when you drop. Gotta do them as soon as it happens tho. Let me know.
                        Appreciate the help. I'll let you know what happens. Won't be tonight though, I'm shutting down now. Thanks again.

Comment

what browser are you using.

Comment

Working...
                          X