God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
    I'll wait for clarification on the first question.
    I had this very conversation with a woman at second mile ministries in Sugar Land 20 years ago. She said the same thing, believe in Jesus as your savior or burn in hell. The Salem witch trials flashed before me. I asked her a question, one question. That question was of the billions of people on this planet there are some that have never ever had the ability to see, hear, or even know of a christian. Be it they they have zero chance of even being told about Jesus, are they going to hell? Her answer was "Yes". What say you?
    Here is what I believe is the answer to the question you asked above.
    Romans Chapter 2:
    12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
    16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

For those people who live and never have that chance to hear about Jesus or God, God will judge them according to their hearts. There are things that our conscience, or that "nature" as said in verse 14, tell us are wrong. Such as theft or obviously murder. An honest heart will not commit these things. That is how I believe God will judge this group of people.

Hope this helps

Comment

I should not have even commented. I should have just moved along on down the Green Screen and found a post about a snake or something other than this. This just isn't for me any longer. I do not believe whats written. I believe there are wise words of wisdom, not discounting that. The books were written by human beings "Inspired by God". I am not a follower, I don't go with the crowd because it is the safe thing to do. God gave me a brain and I would imagine would be disappointed if I didn't use it. I don't believe hell is a fiery place with a red scaled creature with a pitch fork and a bifurcated tail. Freaking hogwash!

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
        If its God's word, how is it putting Him in a box?
        I don't personally believe that God's word is as black and white as your trying to say it is. The easiest example to point to is the story of Noah, and while I believe many valuable lessons can be learned from the story, I don't believe it happened quite as described. (Some people will probably think that I'm going to hell for even thinking that)

Comment

Amen !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
            I really struggle with believing in God. Some days I feel I believe and other days (most days now) I feel there has never been a God and the whole thing is made up. I have had some really bad experiences around churches and "men of God" and that has something to do with it. When dealing with some of these men, it made me think that these maybe the same kind of men who wrote the bible and it really isnt anything other than a tool to collect money. I have struggled with believing my entire life.
            Don't let that struggle with your faith define you. Even Peter denied him three times. Jesus didn't condemn him, he blessed him and used him.
            And I'm the most untrusting person when it comes to the religion of Men, I don't want mans flawed logic influencing me and my struggle to grasp the magnitude of the Love of Our Lord Jesus Christ. I will take the word of God and let it define that for me. I stayed away from churches for most of my life because of this until one day in dawned on me, Maybe I can be a good influence in a church because their struggle is the same as mine.
            I don't think you will ever find the church of Philadelphia in this day and age, but surrounding yourself with people who are striving to know Jesus will benefit you and them.
            Find a Pasture or a Church that isn't afraid of the tough questions, if they freak out because you ask a lot of questions then let them freak out.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
              I don't personally believe that God's word is as black and white as your trying to say it is. The easiest example to point to is the story of Noah, and while I believe many valuable lessons can be learned from the story, I don't believe it happened quite as described. (Some people will probably think that I'm going to hell for even thinking that)
              Just like the creation story. There is some incredible symbolic stuff in there that ties into not only creation, but all of human history and Gods plan. I read some books that show the connection to other parts of the bible and the development of human intelligence. Such as math. Those stories were not always meant to be taken literally. They tell much more about God than just how he created the earth and us. They tell the story how he created everything including our knowledge. Its like reading Revelations, when you start searching the old testament to see how it connects. Your blown away by the detail in each paragraph and how the Jewish followers could get so much out of one word. Incredible. But to sit here and say I can play god, judge people, because I read the manual, I would be drowning in my own pride and sin.

Comment

God

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                Don't let that struggle with your faith define you. Even Peter denied him three times. Jesus didn't condemn him, he blessed him and used him.

And I'm the most untrusting person when it comes to the religion of Men, I don't want mans flawed logic influencing me and my struggle to grasp the magnitude of the Love of Our Lord Jesus Christ. I will take the word of God and let it define that for me. I stayed away from churches for most of my life because of this until one day in dawned on me, Maybe I can be a good influence in a church because their struggle is the same as mine.

I don't think you will ever find the church of Philadelphia in this day and age, but surrounding yourself with people who are striving to know Jesus will benefit you and them.

Find a Pasture or a Church that isn't afraid of the tough questions, if they freak out because you ask a lot of questions then let them freak out.
                [emoji4]
                High fenced or low fenced [emoji56]
                There's a kinda funny typo in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  [emoji4]
                  High fenced or low fenced [emoji56]
                  There's a kinda funny typo in here.
                  LOL , either kind will work. Cost might change though

Comment

Hebrews Chapter 11

Comment

How does Paul make tea?

Hebrews it [emoji16]

Comment

I should not have even commented. I should have just moved along on down the Green Screen and found a post about a snake or something other than this. This just isn't for me any longer. I do not believe whats written. I believe there are wise words of wisdom, not discounting that. The books were written by human beings "Inspired by God". I am not a follower, I don't go with the crowd because it is the safe thing to do. God gave me a brain and I would imagine would be disappointed if I didn't use it. I don't believe hell is a fiery place with a red scaled creature with a pitch fork and a bifurcated tail. Freaking hogwash!

I sincerely hope you change your mind. Send me a pm if you have any other questions or would like to study. Not that you or anyone else has to conform to my beliefs, but I do believe there is a heaven and hell and that we must obey God's word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You're more than welcome to your opinion.

One things for sure, one day we will find out. Only one side will be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think you stirred up some good points of conversation actually. I had an interesting conversation pertaining to your 1st question with a very religious co-worker and he had a point I hadn't heard of but don't really agree with. He said that all those before Jesus and who don't know the bible will be judged by the original commandments, and that those of us who believe in Jesus will have Him stand before us in our judgement and show that he paid the price for us.

That didn't really sit right with me though for those before Jesus, but also remember this: when Jesus was on the cross there were 2 other criminals there and they didn't believe he was the son of God but they knew he did not deserve the punishment he was given. Jesus said they would be in Heaven for that, this gives me hope that none of us know the real answer and that maybe there is more to it. I'm hardly well versed in the bible, but I am reminded every time I walk in the woods that I am not alone, that there is a presence that created this world and who has always been there with me- that is just my personal opinion and experience.

Comment

In a much earlier post txhunter007 said a lot when he wrote that he struggles believing in God and has had bad experiences around churches and "men of God".

We hear it all the time. Folks say things like "God just needs another little angel" when someone's child dies. Or the story related to me this week about a woman who was gang raped. She went to her church and talked with the pastor. Pastor told her it was Gods will in her life and it happened so that she would be able to relate to other rape victims. No wonder folks walk away from God when they hear junk like that.

The Bible clearly states that God is love and there is No Darkness in Him. Pure love. God does not will evil.

As men we struggle to define and understand our creator. God sent us Jesus. Jesus tells us in seeing him we see the Father.

I understand how txhunter007 feels. I don't want mans jacked up image of what people say God is. I want the real God. Jesus who says come to me all who are weary and heavily laden and I will give you rest. I want the Jesus that cried at his friend Lazarus' tomb. I want the Jesus that showed us the true heart of God when he in obedience and love allowed himself to be nailed naked to a cross and died in order that we would be reconciled to Him. That is the God of the Bible to me. A God who does have wrath but not against me. If a person walked up and slapped you child what would you do? Probably beat the snot out of that person. Where did the wrath in you come from? Out of hate? No. It came from the love you have for your child. And you show that love in the wrath you inflict on the one who slapped your child. I believe that's how God operates. He loves us. He loves all of us. He hates that which hates us. His judgement and anger is directed towards evil. Not towards us.

We need him. I'm praying for you txhunter007.

Comment

Originally posted by mobrien View Post
                                I am reminded every time I walk in the woods that I am not alone, that there is a presence that created this world and who has always been there with me...
                                Amen!!

"Be still and know that I am God."

Psalms 46:10

Comment

Working...
                                X