No announcement yet.

New Sonora lease!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the new lease and welcome to the area!

Comment

Possibly getting on a place right off 277 and Dolan creek road. Anyone know that area? Said there's some sheep and aoudad and red stag on it

Comment

If anyone around that area is aware of someone who finds a "Custom Unique" looking snub nose revolver...please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Luremaker View Post
          Possibly getting on a place right off 277 and Dolan creek road. Anyone know that area? Said there's some sheep and aoudad and red stag on it
          I used to hunt at the very end of Dolan creek rd. We were back by the river. We had deer, aoudad, elk, axis, fallow, and bears. The axis and elk were only seen during the summer months but you never really knew what was going to step out. I shot a couple decent deer and a HUGE Gold metal aoudad that was over 34" . The aoudad had over run the place and would run the deer off. If you think keeping coons out of a feeder is tough try keeping the bears out.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
            I used to hunt at the very end of Dolan creek rd. We were back by the river. We had deer, aoudad, elk, axis, fallow, and bears. The axis and elk were only seen during the summer months but you never really knew what was going to step out. I shot a couple decent deer and a HUGE Gold metal aoudad that was over 34" . The aoudad had over run the place and would run the deer off. If you think keeping coons out of a feeder is tough try keeping the bears out.
            Wow, sounds the bears were a pest! This place is a little over a 1,000 acres high fence. From what I have understood is that there is a lot of aoudad. Not sure where off Dolan creek road it is

Comment

Wow, sounds the bears were a pest! This place is a little over a 1,000 acres high fence. From what I have understood is that there is a lot of aoudad. Not sure where off Dolan creek road it is
              If its high fence then asking folks what to expect it pretty pointless.

Serious question. Did you not ask for pics and go see the place? Its a great area but high fence is a different ballgame. Congrats on the new lease and I hope its a great one!!

Comment

Yep, This was before the standard coon cages, which they laughed at, then we went to home made cages made from cattle panels. They did much better.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  If its high fence then asking folks what to expect it pretty pointless.

Serious question. Did you not ask for pics and go see the place? Its a great area but high fence is a different ballgame. Congrats on the new lease and I hope its a great one!!
                  Yeah I've seen some pictures and I'm headed down there next weekend to check the place out. My reason for asking what it was like is because it was just recently high fenced and these animals were already on the place. I'm more of just wondering what the area is like and the terrain

Comment

Yeah I've seen some pictures and I'm headed down there next weekend to check the place out. My reason for asking what it was like is because it was just recently high fenced and these animals were already on the place. I'm more of just wondering what the area is like and the terrain
                    Ohhhh. hmm. Could be interesting. If theres lodging included, and an open spot, message me

Comment

Ohhhh. hmm. Could be interesting. If theres lodging included, and an open spot, message me
                      Will do! There's a small cabin on it. Waiting to see what the other people do next weekend. 5 guys going to look at it, some guys may back out

Comment

The guy that listed the craigslist add for it took it down already so looks like you're a little late sir!

Didn't see any mention of a lodge on the place either as that is one of the things that kept me from calling on it.

Price was solid to

Edit: Looks like I was incorrect on the lodge. O'well

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          Yep, This was before the standard coon cages, which they laughed at, then we went to home made cages made from cattle panels. They did much better.
                          That's crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            The guy that listed the craigslist add for it took it down already so looks like you're a little late sir!

Didn't see any mention of a lodge on the place either as that is one of the things that kept me from calling on it.

Price was solid to

Edit: Looks like I was incorrect on the lodge. O'well
                            Yeah it had a storage building on it that is going to get converted into a cabin.
                            Did you think the place looked good from the pictures?

Comment

Yeah it had a storage building on it that is going to get converted into a cabin.
                              Did you think the place looked good from the pictures?
                              If I didn't have a place with aoudad already I would've gone and looked at it.

Never hunted that far out west before so not sure how 1000 acres High Fenced will feel with X amount of people.

Honestly if it was low fenced and I would've found out about the lodge I probably would've got on it sight unseen.
                              Last edited by 150class; 03-29-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                If I didn't have a place with aoudad already I would've gone and looked at it.

Never hunted that far out west before so not sure how 1000 acres High Fenced will feel with X amount of people.

Honestly if it was low fenced and I would've found out about the lodge I probably would've got on it sight unseen.
                                Yeah I guess I'll find out what it's really like when I go look at it next weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X