Your Best Corn Thrower - Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Best Corn Thrower - Why

When I purchased my first corn thrower (feeder) I bought one on a whim cuz it was cheap. We'll it lasted about 8 months and it has a lot of horrible on line reviews.

So anyway, what is your best corn thrower? How long have you had it? How much did it cost? Any tips and tricks for the longevity in keeping it alive?

I don't have coon issues, actually I have coon issues but the way I have my feeder set up they can't get to it.

Thanks in advance.

Triple C Game Feederes. Far and away the best i've ever had. 12v system. Not a single issue in about 10 years with the same feeder.

Comment

I like the Spincast feeders. I have a couple 15 years old and still work great year round. Have 11 total working and all are good. Have a couple more in storage waiting to be put up. I had one have a problem but they repaired it quickly and cheap within two weeks so I was pleased. They will run $150 to $200 depending on if you get a solar panel for it.

Comment

He said corn thrower

Comment

I was told about Magnum 12v's many moons ago and now have 6 in the field... The oldest one has been in the field running year round for over 10 years now and my newest one has been in the field for 2 years now, have had to take one back to the manufacturer b/c the lid of my feeder got blown off in a tropical storm and the rain funneled through the feeder and messed up the timer... They threw it in the trash and handed me a new one on the spot...

These timers are $100, plus I put solar panels on them and a after market spinner plate to get more distance out of the throw... Until they fail me, I will continue to use these throwers/timers... I literally have had zero issues with these throwers/timers in all my years of using them (except for the water logged one)... My place is 5 1/2 hours from my house, these feeders run year round and I never worry if my feeders are running when I get to the lease... IMO it dont get better than that!

Comment

I've been using the same timers/motors from Ultramatic Feeders in Houston for going on 6 years now. The timer is "The Timer". Not sure what kind of motor mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
              I like the Spincast feeders. I have a couple 15 years old and still work great year round. Have 11 total working and all are good. Have a couple more in storage waiting to be put up. I had one have a problem but they repaired it quickly and cheap within two weeks so I was pleased. They will run $150 to $200 depending on if you get a solar panel for it.
              I agree about the Spincast, I've had 2 for about 10 years now and they have been knocked over, trampled, and totally torn up, I take them to the dealer, in San Antonio luckily, and they fix them right up.

Comment

I just recently swapped over from 6 volt to 12 volt around 4 years ago and that change alone made a world of difference as far as dependability and longevity.

Comment

I used to use a feeder called Bulldog still got it its about 22 years old . Their now owned by remington.

Comment

I have had good success with my Boss Buck. It is a 12v system that came with a solar panel and battery for under $100. It has a metal case and is very durable. I have had this timer for about 3 years with no problems what so ever. I also have been using magnum feeders. I have both 6v and 12v magnums. I think the only thing that I can complain about the magnum is the cheesy plastic case that they have. In the winter, the plastic is very fragile and cracks very easily.

Comment

Cox, 12v.... there are over 20 out and running on places we hunt and no issues. Some are newer, some are 15+ yrs old. Complete set-up w/ tripod, feeder kit and mounted solar panel will run +/- $300.

Comment

Working...
                      X