Video Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Q's

I just watched some video I shot at the lease last week. All I can say is "I suck!"
    The camera was bouncing around. I was playing with zoom too much, and panning way too fast. It looks like I have ADD. None of my video had any kind of a story to it. No reason why I shot it other than animals moving.

My questions are
    What kind of video clamps are there for a tripod rail setup and where can I get them ?

Where can I get some acoustical music for background? Latest hits with no voice.
    Last are there any resources on how to be a good cameraman? You know how to pan, composition etc? Does "Its all about the video" cover that?

Thanks
    DEW

Try checking the How to video threads in the forums list...
    Get the "Its all about the video" the stie has for sale,theres alot of great advice from the masters of self film hunts on that DVD!

Comment

There's a lot of good info in the video section. But you can't see the video threads in the campfire or even by clicking "Topics." I think that's why people tend to easily miss them. You can't get to them from the "Topics" screen. To get to the video threads, you have to back all the way out of the topics level and back to the Discussions Forums level. Click here and scroll to the bottom....

Comment

I also recommend "Its all about the video".

Here is another discussion about video camera mounts.

Comment

I"Ve been shooting professionally for over 20 years and "It's All About the Video" covers what you should or shouldn't do very well--so yes, I guess this is a professional endorsement.
          For ALL LEVELS of video I also suggest that you subscribe to VIDEOMAKER magazine which is also available online. They have reduced the most difficult work to the simplest of terms for the consumer camera operators out there who just like to shoot/edit/audio for video.

Comment

Thanks for the "professional" endorsement, Pat! We need all the endorsements we can get, so thanks Keith and David, too!

I'll also second the endorsement for Videomaker magazine. I have been a subscriber for three or four years, and always pick up a good idea or two. Like bowhunting magazines, some "topics" of the articles kind of get retold in a slightly different way, but the refreshers are good, too.

Michael
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
            X