Car Help Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Help Problems

I have a 2011 Ford Escape it has 52,000 miles on it. I just recently started having issues. I have done all the troubleshooting I can and can’t figure it out.

The car will be running fine and occasionally while I’m accelerating the car will just bog down completely to where the RPM’s drop the car falls out and dies. Sometimes the check engine light comes on sometimes the light that looks like a wrench comes on. All I do is turn the car off and turn it right back on and it runs completely fine for a few days then it will do it again.
    I have not got it hooked up and scanned yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible fuel pump issue...............

Comment

Throttle position sensor or mass air flow sensor is where i would start.

Comment

If the check engine light is on you can get the code pulled and see what it is. O'Reilly can do this for free.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
          If the check engine light is on you can get the code pulled and see what it is. O'Reilly can do this for free.

Once I turn it off and back on after it dies the light goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
            Once I turn it off and back on after it dies the light goes away.

it would still be stored, code reader will pull it.

Comment

And even if the light has gone off the code should still be stored in memory. Pull the code using the OBD scanner and look it up on the WWW, at least get you closer to the problem area.

Comment

Throttle position sensor can do that, but have the codes checked like stated earlier.

Comment

Cam position sensor can also be intermittent

Comment

Had a very similar issue on a Jeep Grand Cherokee year back......ended up being camshaft position sensor.

Comment

Don't even bother going to O'Reillys, they're not going to be able to pull the code. I have a 2011 F-150 that started doing the exact same thing around 75,000 miles. Scared me half to death cause the first time it did it I was driving down the highway at night and it completely shut off, lights and everything.

From what I remember about the times my truck did this, it could be one of two things:
                      1) Computer issue, can be solved by having the system flashed back to factory settings, or if there is a system update necessary. I'd recommend doing a quick search online to see if there's any notices for yours.
                      2) Faulty connection on the wiring harness. When this happened for me it caused the truck to randomly die, but I don't remember if what your describing is the exact symptoms I had. It may be, but this truck has been in the shop so many times that I forget which time had which problems to be honest.

PM me when you get a chance and I'll see if I can find the paperwork stating what they ended up having to do to mine. Otherwise I may have trouble finding this thread again.

Good luck with it, all I can say is that if you take it to the dealership it may be a fight because "They cannot replicate the issue". Hopefully I'll be able to find you an answer for what mine did that might lead in the right direction.

Comment

Go to O'Reilys. Even if they can't pull the code your out 10 minutes. That's cheaper than anywhere else. If they can, you know what direction to go.

Comment

Might be a good idea to check the alternator just to rule that out, it'll kill the car and throw dashboard codes when its starting to fail. Good luck!

Comment

Loose gas cap?

Comment

I'm assuming it's an ecoboost.

How dirty is your air filter? Those little turbos like to breath - check your air filter and clean out anything you find in the filter housing.

Comment

Working...
                              X