Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How shallow can a Majek RFL run...? THIS SHALLOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
    .. what the heck do you do with that tower?
    ^^^X2

Mud diving?
    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

I'm fish ignorant ... what the heck do you do with that tower?
      Sight redfish either while drifting and fishing or while burning shorelines looking for schools. The elevation helps you see down into the water.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Sight redfish either while drifting and fishing or while burning shorelines looking for schools. The elevation helps you see down into the water.
        Or if you're in unfamiliar areas...stick your buddy up there, told him to hold on tight, and tell him to let you know if there's extremely skinny water coming up ahead. Not that I know from experience or anything

Comment

Crazy video!

Comment

Skinny water for sure

I can't help but wonder how long you can abuse an outboard like that and expect it to not have issues
            I.e. The amount of sand running through the water jackets has to take a toll
            How long will a prop last?

Comment

Impressive for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                This reminds me of riding around back lakes going duck hunting with my buddy Jimmy Lloyd! He word scare the heck outta me. The Majek RFL is by far the shallowest running bay boat I've ever stepped foot on. Jimmy can attest to that!

Who needs an airboat!

And I'm not looking for bashing comments towards Majek... Blah blah blah just enjoy the video lol no I do not run a majek.

http://youtu.be/SXLDKaVb0Vw

I know Jimmy Lloyd. Have not seen him in years but my parents had a place in Chinquapin, and he dad Donnie has a place down there.

I remember when he bought his RFL. He said it would run on spit. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I caught myself bracing against my desk anticipating the sudden STOP!

That's amazing!
                  I have seen people with their head split open from being launched into the bow of a jet boat due to a sand bar "grabbing" the boat... Water like that is one reason airboat's exist IMHO

Oops didn't see the thread's born on date...
                  Last edited by Pedernal; 08-02-2018, 03:18 AM.

Comment

If that mud was at all packed and he stopped, it would be game over. I'm impressed though for sure. I'm a mud motor guy. An outboard in the mud impresses me. I've had to tow guys out who have stuck them selves w outboard, the impeller pump hose always fills w mud.

Comment

I am assuming a Yamaha with a TRP with a low water pick up.

I have rode in a RFL and gone through very similar stuff. It defies everything you've ever learned about outboard boats lol

Crazy

I read in the comments on youtube where he posted it was a 150 honda with a modified prop and he monitors his water pressure when he's running like this.

EDIT: Shoulda kept reading before quoting your post. My bad.
                      Last edited by jnors06; 08-02-2018, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Skinny water for sure

I can't help but wonder how long you can abuse an outboard like that and expect it to not have issues
                        I.e. The amount of sand running through the water jackets has to take a toll
                        How long will a prop last?
                        Motor, Prop, and skeg are probably toast after a year if it lasts that long.

Comment

Chuck is one boat driving sob! I have heard his props would be on the market pretty soon and can't wait to test one out. He is in a shoalwater now I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                            Chuck is one boat driving sob! I have heard his props would be on the market pretty soon and can't wait to test one out. He is in a shoalwater now I believe.
                            His props were supposed to be available soon several years ago when this video was shot. Whole thing seems to have lost steam?

Comment

Thanks for posting that. I didn't even read his comments and captions.

I honestly would have never thought you could run that shallow without a TRP
                              I had one back in the late 90s. It had a 150 yamaha on it and would run skiiiiinny. I wish the guy would have shot some video behind the boat as it was running. Plenty of times I would look back and there would be no water behind the boat. What little was in front of the boat would be pushed out to the sides. It was crazy to look back and only see mud. It took forever to turn one of those boats but man was it fun. My buddy had the TRP on his and we just called it 4WD. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                The last I heard he was in a 23ft Shoalwater. Now that has been a couple of years ago since i saw it.

Comment

Working...
                                X