Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    Why the marigolds?
    The help fend off all sorts of bad insects, caterpillars, and nematodes in the soil.

Cilantro also does the same but it also helps the tomato plants to stay healthy and produce more.

It's called "companion gardening" and there is a ton of things you can plant side by side that help on another. And there are a lot you should NOT plant together.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Some stuff doing well... but lots of water damage... Tomatoes, pepper and maters are the most negatively affected. Newly planted corn, peas, okra and butter beans have just popped out of the ground. Hope they continue to do well.

Comment

The Companion Planting Chart shows which vegetables to pair together in a bed. This is a tried-and-tested way to reduce pests, attract beneficial insects, and boost growth! Find out the best companion plants for tomatoes, potatoes, and all common veggies!

Comment

I went to check the tomatoes today. A giant caterpillar completely destroyed 2 of them. They were both slightly bigger than a golf ball! Is there anything I can do to keep the caterpillars out?? Please help! KAC!!!!!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My sugar snap peas are trying to die out on me...
              But the cucumbers are climbing well. Already have a few female flowers closing up. Now to see if any of them took.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                I went to check the tomatoes today. A giant caterpillar completely destroyed 2 of them. They were both slightly bigger than a golf ball! Is there anything I can do to keep the caterpillars out?? Please help! KAC!!!!!!.

Sevin dust is your friend for KAC operations...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                  http://www.agardenforthehouse.com/20...-pest-control/

The Companion Planting Chart shows which vegetables to pair together in a bed. This is a tried-and-tested way to reduce pests, attract beneficial insects, and boost growth! Find out the best companion plants for tomatoes, potatoes, and all common veggies!

Thanks man!!!!! Live and learn

Comment

2017 Gardening thread

Was able to get my drip system setup this past weekend. Also getting ready to pick some Fresh blackberries soon!

Sugar snap peas are now about 5' tall and looking good.

Planted cantaloupe and set it up for drip also

Comment

I have some awfully large green tycoon tomatoes but the worms are trying to get to them. Can I pull them and set them in window sill to ripen or do they need to stay on the vine? My heirlooms are almost in the same boat. Also, strange thing is my early girls are all way behind the other tomatoes. Is that common?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Thanks man!!!!! Live and learn
                        Yes Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                          I have some awfully large green tycoon tomatoes but the worms are trying to get to them. Can I pull them and set them in window sill to ripen or do they need to stay on the vine? My heirlooms are almost in the same boat. Also, strange thing is my early girls are all way behind the other tomatoes. Is that common?
                          Really depends on how far along they are. If they are half dollar size now, and are supposed to get to 1-1.5 #'s then no!

Comment

Got everything in my garden going good now except the spinach and lettuce.

I've started to notice that something is eating away at the leaves on my beans. This is only the second year for me to really do a serious garden. Last year I kind of gave up on it cause the spot I had was just a bad area and held water. This year my set up is much better, and it's becoming a learning experience for sure. My question is, can anyone tell me what might be getting my beans and is there something I can put down or spray to control them. I know seven dust is good for tomato bushes, will it get what's getting my beans too?

Comment

COLLIN COUNTY FOLKS-
                              If y'all are looking for a good place to get some plants or local grown veggies, and handmade products, I found a great little local market. I went by today and grabbed 4 cherry 100 plants for $2.50, also grabbed some purple basil, and an indigo rose tom plant!

For the FB'ers:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Lola's Local Market in Melissa on Hwy 5, 3 miles north of 121 on the west side of the road.

Last edited by Bigyummy77; 04-20-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Hope I can figure out how to jar/can some of these pepper plants I've got started. Got 50 pods. Most have at least 2 plants in each pod. Got Japs, red chilies, and Anaheims. But after looking at yalls, I'm wondering if they are way behind? Planted seeds first of Feb. Some plants still have their first set of leaves on/ not the seed shell leaves. My beef maters are the same way. I finally quit taking them out side cause the wind was heck on them. Lost several to the wind. Just letting them sit under a florescent light for now, till they get taller and stronger. They are barely 4"-7" now and from seeds. At this rate it will be Thanks Giving before I get any thing off any of them. Or am I being to impatient?

Comment

Working...
                                X