• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the doe Howie

Comment

Congrats on the deer

Comment

here is the pic of doe number 1, i do not like posting bloody pictures just wanted to show the effect of the hypodermic for educational purposes

Comment

No complaints on the blood from me. There's too much after-the-kill work involved on public land to be too worried about a little war paint in the LDP.

If your intent is to educate, please consider yourself an instructor

Comment

Roads and Camps

Congrats on the two doe's!!!

I will be going up there next weekend with my 13 yr old daughter. Do they have port-a-cans at the camps, and how are the roads do you have to have 4 wheel drive. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comment

Neck shot nice!!!

Comment

As of right now i havent seen any port a pots, ive only stayed at the sandy creek camp. ill be camping starting next friday. i have an old dodge 2 wheel drive and so far ive been able to get anywhere i want to hunt. i usually utilize my mountain bike as much as possible, ive got a rack on it so i pull my game cart with my climber in it. and a pack on my back with my matthews or one of the xbows. ive hunted 13 days so far and other then opening day i havent ran into hardly any hunters. it kind of surprises me

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Too cool

Comment

I'm sitting in my climber at Alabama Creek as I type. Its my first time here so I hope I enjoy it. Came in yesterday and scouted me a spot. Idk the name of the campsite I'm at just know its off 509 the one in the middle of the map we have. Good luck everyone hunting today

Comment

Congrats bro!

Comment

deer whisper that is sandy creek camp, theres alot of deer in that area if you leave camp head south. check the intermitten stream beds for acorns, i dont hunt acorns but the thickets they use to get to and from the acorns ill be at sandy creek camp all next week

Comment

That's exactly where I headed. Haven't seen much action so far but I've found fresh tracks and not many scrapes from what I've seen so far. I live bout 2 hours from here but like what I've seen so far. Hopefully I can find more time to spend down here.

Comment

if you want to fins scrapes and rub lines head west on 509, just before you get to 357 there is a closed road called 509A head south on that immediately you should start seeing rubs and scrapes when you get to the bottom of the hill go in west .24 of a mile, ive scouted the place 2 days a week since january, i put in another 9.6 miles today. hands down im seeing more deer in the thickest areas of alabama creek (transision areas) between food source and bedding area they are hitting the intermitten streams and creeaks early and late in the evening. the majority of the deer ive seen have been in the afternoon usually between 5pm and dark. invest in a mountain bike it saves alot of walking

Comment

Working...
                              X