Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x8 util trailer conversion idea

since nobody wants to buy this trailer

I thought about making a small camper out of it. Nothing fancy. Just a place to sleep and store my hunting gear.

Anybody out there ever make a small camper out of utility trailer?

Nope sorry good luck

Comment

It ought to be easy nuff. Do a picture show a long with that build.

Comment

Once I get the other project complete I will do this one. I am considering framing the bottom, adding insulation, and a couple of windows. I found some people who are really into making those teardrop campers.

Comment

Should be a fun project. I was looking at google, and this guy built one that serves as the base for his tent, up above. Not sure if that's what you had in mind.

Homebuilt Camper Trailer: Safari BaseCamp 10 is a homebuilt camper trailer that my dad and my brother and I built, with the help of some nearby craftsmen. One of the goals has been to create a self-sufficient system that facilitates a complete set of commodities without the …

Comment

This would be something simple yet comfortable.
            mattress
            windows
            shelves
            lights.

Comment

Buy a tuff shed storage shed and mount it on the trailer!

Comment

Somebody on here did a teardrop camper build a few years ago. I don't know if they ever finished it, but it looked promising.

I found it ... http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...light=teardrop
                Last edited by Texastaxi; 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM.

Comment

See if you can box in around the the sides under the top rail. Then mount a truck topper on the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    See if you can box in around the the sides under the top rail. Then mount a truck topper on the top.

Now that might be a good idea.

Comment

I elk hunted with a guy from Texas several years ago (not on TBH) who had a trailer set up so the rear was a plywood box for gear storage and lots if tie down hooks to put things on top.

What was different was he had an old chest freezer in the front and a gas generator mounted on the front. he could get the freezer cold in a couple hours for game storage. He said the best part was the number of times guys would call and invite him to join them on hunts- "Call Steve, he has the chest freezer on his trailer when we kill something".

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                        I elk hunted with a guy from Texas several years ago (not on TBH) who had a trailer set up so the rear was a plywood box for gear storage and lots if tie down hooks to put things on top.

What was different was he had an old chest freezer in the front and a gas generator mounted on the front. he could get the freezer cold in a couple hours for game storage. He said the best part was the number of times guys would call and invite him to join them on hunts- "Call Steve, he has the chest freezer on his trailer when we kill something".

that would be Steven Blake. I've seen that trailer before

Comment

Small world! He put an elk cow in it in 2006 in Colrado. Last time I saw Steve he was doing some long haul trucking and was in my area on the left coast.

Comment

Timm, if it were me I would frame it in with 3/4" square tubing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                              Small world! He put an elk cow in it in 2006 in Colrado. Last time I saw Steve he was doing some long haul trucking and was in my area on the left coast.

Steven and I are good friends. He is hunting KS with me this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X