Deer hunting in Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer hunting in Georgia

I was offered a free trip for deer hunting the second week in November. Not sure where it is expect that it is about an hour drive away from Atlanta (where I would fly in) What should I expect?

I have a nice deer lease in Menard, TX and that it right near the time for our rut also. I don't know what type of deer they have and just wonder if it is worth going when I might miss some prime time here in Texas.

Anyone hunt there or know the type of deer compared to ours?

Thanks

sounds like fun

Comment

i always enjoy an opportunity to hune a new place..as for GA, depends on where your huntin.. Georgia has recorded some nice bucks and they are there for the killin, but different parts of the state have different deer. I would really research the area at question before making my decision personally.

Comment

Being a Floridian, I know that some of the best deer hunting in the southeast is in Georgia. However, from the pictures I see posted on TBH, an average deer in Texas is a trophy in Georgia. It is cool to hunt new places, but you should be very happy to be able to hunt here in Texas. If you have never hunted any where else, than I would say you probably got spoiled. I am so excited about hunting here in Texas that I no longer take my annual trips with buddies to hunt in New York. Hunting in Ga would probably be very different, I almost sure they do not allow feeder style hunting.

Comment

This is the info he just gave me ...
          we are in Macon county, along dooly county line - small town called monetzuma, georgia. about 2 hours south of atlanta
          Anybody know this area?

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
            I was offered a free trip for deer hunting the second week in November. Not sure where it is expect that it is about an hour drive away from Atlanta (where I would fly in) What should I expect?

I have a nice deer lease in Menard, TX and that it right near the time for our rut also. I don't know what type of deer they have and just wonder if it is worth going when I might miss some prime time here in Texas.

Anyone hunt there or know the type of deer compared to ours?

Thanks
            Would love to hunt there myself!

Comment

Well, I decided I am going to go there for a change of scenery/something different.

But if anybody knows the area, can they tell me about the terrain and the wildlife I can expect?

Thanks!

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                X