Vacation Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation Recommendations

I am planning on booking a getaway with the wife somewhere around next May. Our youngest child will be over a year by then, so I would like to take her (wife) somewhere very relaxing to give her a break since she has been raising babies for three straight years.

We have done cruises in the past, but I am thinking probably more of a resort type place for this trip, possibly all-inclusive. Basically want somewhere we can relax most of the time, but also have the option to do a few activities if we desire. I don't want to be locked in the gates and not be able to explore. Don't want to go anywhere safety is even a slight concern (Besides the obvious being aware of our surroundings). Would also love to book a half day fishing trip.

Let me know if you guys have any recommendations from experience based on what I am looking for. Thanks!

I just got back from 10 days at UNICO 2087. It was the best all inclusive resort I've been too and I've been to some nice ones (Secrets Maroma, Grand Velas, etc).

The food was incredibly good. Drinks were awesome. Service was top notch.

What set this apart was that excursions, golf and spa were included in the all inclusive. You just paid 20% service fee for these items. We did a zip line and cenote dive and it was $38 for both of us to go. Wife got a pedicure for $11. We did a lot of spa stuff and I even got "4 hands massage" where two ladies rub you down at once. Freakin awesome.

All-inclusive redefined. Set on the stunning white beaches of Riviera Maya, this adults-only immersive experience welcomes you to Modern Mexico; from the locally-inflected cocktails and cuisines to the art in the rooms. With a holistic spa, signature tours, golf and water sports, all part of your Unlimited Inclusions.

Comment

We went to Maui last summer. One of the highlights of the trip was our 1 night stay in Hana.

Hana Kai Maui welcomes you to our beautiful oceanfront vacation rentals on Hana Bay at Waikaloa Beach. Enjoy panoramic oceanfront views.

I think it would be good to spend a few days there. Might be I found it so relaxing though because the road there was a little stressful, lol. I would like to go back and seem some of the other parts of Hawaii. Not the all inclusive type trip, but I found Hawaii to be pretty relaxing, and this was a work/family vacation.

Comment

Discover where luxury and adventure meet at Sun Valley Resort. Unforgettable experiences await. Experience the magic today.

Just came back! Awesome...

Comment

It all depends on your budget, start looking at different destinations and resorts. I usually look at these sights for ideas and for good deals. https://www.cheapcaribbean.com/ https://www.funjet.com https://www.travelzoo.com/

Comment

What’s your budget?

Wife and I went to Grand Cayman for 8 days back in March and we loved it. It’s easy to get away from people and easy to get into something if you want to. Excellent snorkeling, great food, super friendly people, beautiful water. We’ll go back one day, but still have some other places we’d like to check out. PM me if you want any info and I’ll be glad to tell you what I know and learned.

Comment

Sandals St. Lucia was AMAZING! Worth every dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not 100% sure on budget. I want to say to keep the whole trip under $3000 (Not including fishing) for around 5 nights but I am not sure if that is crazy or not.
                Last edited by 44mAG; 07-06-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post

This is where we went for our honeymoon. it was nice. However I feel like you pay more for the sandals name

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                  Not 100% sure on budget. I want to say to keep the whole trip under $3000 for around 5 nights but I am not sure if that is crazy or not.
                  Our last trip, which was a few years ago, we went to sanctuary cap cana. It is the Dominican republic but cap cana is a private area that has gated security at the entrance. It was all inclusive but you could tip and it was charged to your room. In our 4or5 days I think we our total tip and wifi was less than $200 and we were treated like kings. Tipping 2-3 is a lot to them. I would go back here tomorrow. We loved it. I think we paid less than $3k for the entire trip too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post

went here for our Honeymoon last year. This is the place to take her.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                      I just got back from 10 days at UNICO 2087. It was the best all inclusive resort I've been too and I've been to some nice ones (Secrets Maroma, Grand Velas, etc).

The food was incredibly good. Drinks were awesome. Service was top notch.

What set this apart was that excursions, golf and spa were included in the all inclusive. You just paid 20% service fee for these items. We did a zip line and cenote dive and it was $38 for both of us to go. Wife got a pedicure for $11. We did a lot of spa stuff and I even got "4 hands massage" where two ladies rub you down at once. Freakin awesome.

https://www.unicohotelrivieramaya.com/
                      I second unico. The wife and I went there last February and had a great time. Booking again for the same time frame in 2019. Great food, service and drinks.

Comment

Motel 6 and dominoes?

Comment

Hawaii is mighty nice any time of the year. We fished outa some place on the north shore of Oahu, I think it was. Caught a few tuna. Lots to see and do on the islands.

Comment

I will also endorse Sandal St Lucia. La Toc

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I will also endorse Sandal St Lucia. La Toc
                              looks like about $1000 per night

Comment

Working...
                              X