No announcement yet.

Wart Hogs In Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres a noce private ranch that backs up my place that has cape buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Probably get flamed and told how wrong I am, but I dont believe any ranch in the whole US has cape buffalo.
      We used to have some in the 80's.

Comment

Just another African species that needs to be eradicated or sent back on a boat.

From Killer Bees to Hurricanes, nuthin good comes from Africa!

Comment

Probably get flamed and told how wrong I am, but I dont believe any ranch in the whole US has cape buffalo.
          A company my buddy works for raises a lot of them in Texas, they're here just gotta have a heck of a fence!!

And we saw a warthog on the side of the road driving down 133 near the Chap last deer season when we were headed to SA

Comment

You won't be flamed but told you are very incorrect lol

Comment

See, I told you Id be told I was wrong.

Comment

See, I told you Id be told I was wrong.
                At least these guys were nice. No name calling or starting a new thread about how you don't know what you are talking about.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

They are a pretty good bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                    Just another African species that needs to be eradicated or sent back on a boat.

From Killer Bees to Hurricanes, nuthin good comes from Africa!
                    Little harsh there aren't you. I know some great folks from Africa.

Comment

I love hunting warthogs in every manner possible, and have killed a lot of them on my trips to Africa. I love to see them in their natural environment. That said, I think it was one of the worse mistakes that TPWD has made allowing ranchers to bring them in to South Texas. You all know how hard it is to keep hogs inside a fence, and warthogs are even worse. They are grazers, and eat grass, so they don't impact deer much but they are direct competitors for several other species.

Comment

According to the 2016_2017 Harvest Summary from TPW, one female warthog was taken at Chaparral.

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
                          That said, I think it was one of the worse mistakes that TPWD has made allowing ranchers to bring them in to South Texas.
                          TPWD doesn't regulate exotic species.

Comment

Has anyone ever cooked a warthog?

Comment

Tastes like chicken!

Comment

There is 2 in Houston off of Aldine Mail Route I got to see last weekend. (they are pets)

Comment

Working...
                                X