Toyota Tundra owners/drivers. Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Tundra owners/drivers. Need help

Buying the wife a tundra this week and she just a drive a 4x4. She called an described to me that it had a "different" wobble when she engaged it in high. Also a friend (mechanic) drive it and said the same thing. But also said that Toyota has a different 4x4 system them ford trucks.
    What say y'all? Is there something I need to look for when the 4x4 is engaged. I'm driving the truck tommorow

Should be minimal change in behavior when driving it in and out of 4x4, about the only difference you should notice is your turning radius should get worse but everything else should stay the same.

What year?

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      Should be minimal change in behavior when driving it in and out of 4x4, about the only difference you should notice is your turning radius should get worse but everything else should stay the same.

What year?
      Truck is a 2014 with 38k in it. It's clean but wondering if they mistreated it. One owner.

Comment

Only difference I notice on mine is the steering gets "tight" when engaged and like stated above, the turning radius isn't as sharp.

Comment

At what speed is she engaging it and is it just when she engaged it of does it keep on when in 4 wheel high

Comment

As mentioned above, should be no difference except turning radiance. Should shift into 4 Hi up to 60 mph.

Comment

did you turn off the traction control LSD (limited slip differential)? that can make a difference.

Comment

Hopefully your're testing it off of the pavement. If the front end is engaged, you will feel it. You should never drive in 4x4 on dry pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                  Only difference I notice on mine is the steering gets "tight" when engaged and like stated above, the turning radius isn't as sharp.
                  ^^^^^^ this

Comment

Got a 15 tundra 4x4 and that is not normal. Sounds like something is out of balance

Comment

Not normal

Comment

Wife's is a 14 as said not normal

Comment

She was testing driving on the pavement. I told her that more than likely had something to do with it. I just drive a 15 a lil while ago and it felt different to me. Definitely could feel the tightness in the front end. I'll drive the truck she drive tommorow and report back.

Comment

Drive it off road and see

Comment

I was test driving mine used when I bought it and put it in 4 wheel low and high on the pavement. High didn't seem right at all. I have put 80,000 miles on it an put in 4 wheel low and high several times a year at the ranch and never had an issue or repeated what it felt like on pavement. Turn off the traction control for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X