Back tension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back tension question

Got a new tru Fire sear release and really liking it so far. My question is what could be causing me to shoot left? I feel like when I slow down and focus on the shot the shot is perfect, but about 25% of the time it’s left of where I want. Granted it’s not like it’s far off. It’s usually .5 to 1” left, yes I know it’ll kill a animal but I like being able to have to arrow go where my pin is

What could be the cause of this? Anticipating with the bow arm and moving? Grip placement? Or just anticipating the shot in general

Potentially grip placement. But just changing the release did it change your anchor at all?

Comment

What happens most of the time is when you are trying to make release go off you are pushing out with left hand and make the shot go left.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
        Potentially grip placement. But just changing the release did it change your anchor at all?
        No sir, same anchor. I did rip my focus grip off my bow because I couldn’t get consistent hand placement with it

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy o View Post
          What happens most of the time is when you are trying to make release go off you are pushing out with left hand and make the shot go left.
          That’s what I was thinking. Trying too hard to make the shot go off “now” instead of just pulling with my release arm and letting it happen. Because when I relax and let it happen and let the pin float around it goes right where I want it. I also shoot left when I make myself hold the pin on where I wanna hit and start rushing it

Comment

Make sure you are also trying to pull "straight back" through your shot. You want your elbow to travel in the same direction every time. If you pull of the string differently, it will put some right/left variation in the shot.

Definitely can be hand placement and extra forward pressure, but I've seen a lot of people pull off to one side or the other. Just play around with it and see if you can figure it out. Good luck this season!

Comment

Different releases change my point of impact. Different caliper styles do that for me. For example double caliper vs hook style or single caliper have different POI

Comment

If you're not using your scapula muscle to execute your shot you will eventually shoot left or right. Also when the shot goes off, hopefully a surprise shot, contract your bicep. This will bring your release hand straight back towards your ear. Hope that made sense. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stickit232 View Post
                  If you're not using your scapula muscle to execute your shot you will eventually shoot left or right. Also when the shot goes off, hopefully a surprise shot, contract your bicep. This will bring your release hand straight back towards your ear. Hope that made sense. Good luck.

Yes it does make sense.

Been shooting more and have become more consistent with it and ended up moving my sight and got everything dialed in to where I’m happy. This was my last group with a fixed blade and a field tip the other day at 30 (furthest I have to cut practice)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                    Yes it does make sense.

Been shooting more and have become more consistent with it and ended up moving my sight and got everything dialed in to where I’m happy. This was my last group with a fixed blade and a field tip the other day at 30 (furthest I have to cut practice)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108] nice!

Comment

read this thread and found that i was having the same issue sometimes as the OP, as i was reading down through i ran into this suggestion as a problem

Originally posted by mej4219 View Post
                      Make sure you are also trying to pull "straight back" through your shot. You want your elbow to travel in the same direction every time.
                      went home and shot a few ends concentrating on keeping my front arm relaxed and pulling straight back with my elbow....couldnt miss, if i did the arrow landed where the pin was when the shot broke. good stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X