Anyone Else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Else...

just not at all fired up for deer season? The place I had to hunt last year has fallen through, and I don't have the energy to try and make much of the public land game.

It doesn't help that I have too many projects going on to even get to the hunting ones.

I’m fired up as always about going but I have very low expectations about success. Second year on the place and once again we have not seen anything on camera but the same handful of does and a few ragged young bucks. Not just at feeders but from cameras all over. I will still go and enjoy the experience with the eternal optimism that something else might show up.

Comment

For me, it is about getting away from the day to day. Being able to sling an arrow is just a bonus.

Comment

I might shoot a doe just to have some deer meat. It'd take a pretty good buck before I shot it. I'll probably go with one of my buddies a few times but I'd rather he shoots one. If I shoot one I have to do all the work processing it. I really don't care if I see a part of the deer until it's sizzling in the pan.

Comment

I’m fired up but God has me on a different direction this year. Baby boy #2 is due the 21st so I’m ready for baby season! Hoping my wife lets me out of the house just a tad so I can scratch my itch!

Comment

I should be excited. I'm on a really good lease, with a real possibility of 200" deer, and for sure 170+" deer. I've got so much going on, I really love to fish, and it's been great lately, and I've got another trip to Venice in October to look forward to. We're MLD3 so a bunch of season, so hopefully once it cools down some I'll get a little more excited.

Comment

It sticks in my craw to totally give up. I'm gonna try to grind out the preseason prep so I can at least go sit somewhere and hope when October rolls around. Going to be relying on last years scouting for the opener though.

Comment

been in the same boat the last few years. It has gotten so expensive to chase a dang deer or any other animal it just has me down. Guess I just need to try public land or something to get away

Comment

This is about my 8th season on my place, but last year surveyor's flags appeared along the north fence, and deer activity was down. This year so far, it is down further. Hopefully the does will show during bow season and the bucks will follow them in.

Comment

Can’t say I that I have that problem

Comment

I'm all excited. I'm don't get to pumped for early season when its so warm but I cant wait till November.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Im pumped and cant hardly wait.....same as every year

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          Can’t say I that I have that problem
                          I’m with Sika. We all are limited to what we are able to hunt by our budget. Some are willing to spend more, and some are willing to budget for higher quality hunts. I personally would rather spend my money on a a good 2 week hunt on my own in a midwestern state and hunt a deer in its natural setting, without feeders and on my own. Some would rather spend their money on a well managed ranch, (possibly high fenced), and have the ability to shoot multiple bucks. I read somewhere, that someone on this forum was hunting a high fenced ranch under MLD, and shot 9 bucks last year. Kudos to them. I’d rather hunt out of State and have a chance at a truly wild deer in its natural range. Just hunt.!!!!

Comment

Im always fired up, but this year a little more than usual.

Comment

I’m fired up. New lease in Schleicher county with really good friends. Lots of deer, lots of land, small number of hunters on the place and maybe an exotic or two with landowner’s request to shoot all of them because he doesn’t like them.

Comment

Working...
                              X