Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
    What's your thoughts on this piece?
    My 1st thought was a tool for surgery but I've never seen anything like it. Just taking a clueless guess.

Awesome find!

[ATTACH]381766[/ATTACH]
    Keith is probably right. It is likely a punch to put lashing holes in leather. It could also be a tatoo needle. The super sharp edges on it are unusual. Maybe for cutting leather?

On the other hand, a piece of material like this would have been very valuable so it would rarely end up a squaws tool like a leather punch. I love it though!

Comment

We had a fun day today. I started digging a spot near the well that I just KNEW was goint to turn out a smoker Paleo point. Didnt happen. We did dig three more worn out paleo points so at least we are in the right dirt! Found some neat points though and had a good day with my Dad and Brother(PagoJoe).

Got three more Manning points although all were somewhat damaged. Found some pretty MFG flakes too.
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Still following along. I can't get over the variety. Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
            What's your thoughts on this piece?
            My 1st thought was a tool for surgery but I've never seen anything like it. Just taking a clueless guess.

Awesome find!

[ATTACH]381766[/ATTACH]
            Pipe cleaner

Comment

what is that rounded point? this stuff is too cool

Comment

Stevie I'm still around been very busy lately. Keep it coming my friend.

Comment

cool stuff i was a digger along time back i miss it

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    Just a guess, because I know nothing about this stuff, but I think it might be a punch for leather?
                    That was my next guess.
                    Just seen the edge on it and it looks sharp still today so I'm sure it was extreme back then which made me thing surgeons tool.

Comment

Looks like you are still in a paleo area, is that stuff from the more deeper levels of the sand. The stuff you are finding reminds me a lot of a site off the Cibolo, south east of San Antonio with a lot of "hybrid" type points and lots of petrified wood points, you may get a whole Clovis out of there.
                      Good Luck

Comment

Dug really hard for not much today. I finally got to a spot I have been itching to dig. I just know there is a big paleo hunk in there but no luck today. Here are the few we found.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks Great...

Comment

Awesome thread.. thanks for sharing

Comment

Is that black point rootbeer material?? Also in what regions has the MFG been found? Good stuff keep em coming.

Comment

This thread is great. Keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X