RINOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RINOs

The comment/question about this term made me think. If you look at the current party mix, the populous that keeps voting them in, are they really Republicans in name only, or have they BECOME the R party?

Seems to be the latter. Maybe it’s time we just accept the R’s for who that have really become and move on.
    Last edited by Playa; 01-18-2019, 06:33 AM.

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    The comment/question about this term made me think. If you look at the current party mix, the populous that keeps voting them in, are they really Republicans in name only, or have they BECOME the R party?

Seems to be the latter. Maybe it’s time we just accept the R’s for who that have really become and move on.

Neither is acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Many of them cater to the base in their district. A few will switch party to keep getting elected to the cushy job. If a district is made up of mostly conservative voters then the democrat will veer away from far left rhetoric to get votes. On the other hand those like McCain and Flake were never really conservative but ran under that parties banner just so they could get elected in their majority conservative voter base of their district. In some instances they have actually switched parties after getting elected because of their district voter base changing to mostly liberal or mostly conservative. I will say this is true for at least 80% of all politicians. They will say or do anything that gets them votes. Benedict Arnold probably was the first. Was McCain's hero
      Last edited by muzzlebrake; 01-18-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Many of them cater to the base in their district. A few will switch party to keep getting elected to the cushy job. If a district is made up of mostly conservative voters then the democrat will veer away from far left rhetoric to get votes. On the other hand those like McCain and Flake were never really conservative but ran under that parties banner just so they could get elected in their majority conservative voter base of their district. In some instances they have actually switched parties after getting elected because of their district voter base changing to mostly liberal or mostly conservative. I will say this is true for at least 80% of all politicians. They will say or do anything that gets them votes. Benedict Arnold probably was the first. Was McCain's hero
        Solution: term limits.
        Public service in the way of Capitol Hill was never meant to be a career. Now they trade favors and when it’s time to retire or they lose an election they just move on to lobbying firms to cash in on the favors. Washington needs an overhaul. If it takes a convention of states to make an amendment for term limits then that’s exactky what needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          Public service in the way of Capitol Hill was never meant to be a career. Now they trade favors and when it’s time to retire or they lose an election they just move on to lobbying firms to cash in on the favors. Washington needs an overhaul. If it takes a convention of states to make an amendment for term limits then that’s exactky what needs to happen.
          Term limits aren't a bad idea at all but I think George Carlin may have had a point with term limits...You just get another set of idiots, for sure on the demo-rat side. Take out all of the side money and perks that these people get by being in office. However, I think the number of people who actually want to do it for the right reasons is declining at a rapid rate if there is any left at all.

Comment

The "R" or the "D" is not the problem.. The problem is that they ALL are on the take... They accomplish nothing and while doing so become multi millionaires in the process.. How WE ever allowed our political system to become so corrupt will go down in recorded history as the biggest failure, farce/ shakedown that this world has ever seen.... It's a dam shame but WE the people have let this happen and we deserve what we are getting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
              Term limits aren't a bad idea at all but I think George Carlin may have had a point with term limits...You just get another set of idiots, for sure on the demo-rat side. Take out all of the side money and perks that these people get by being in office. However, I think the number of people who actually want to do it for the right reasons is declining at a rapid rate if there is any left at all.
              The Senate should not be elected by popular vote. We need to go back to having them elected by the State Legislature, or apply the electoral college system to districts.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                The "R" or the "D" is not the problem.. The problem is that they ALL are on the take
                Not quite sure we should paint with that brush. There are some good folks we have put in there. Granted most are new as this big revolt against the rhinos didn't really kick up until the Obama administration. I would hate to lump Dan Crenshaw and Ted Cruz into that group ..to name a few.

Comment

t

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                  Term limits are a start, but what is really needed is a constitutional amendment that limits a person to one public elected office for one term in their life time from dog catcher to President. Being a politician was never meant to be a career with self voted pensions, health care and pay raises.

The only way it will happen is by a voter led petition drive to put it on the ballet in a Presidential election year. Surprised, a rich ego driven person, who wants to be in the history books hasn’t funded such an effort. It would change American politics forever.

Comment

And they ALL do it.. Some just have different styles and tactics..
                    It's how they all become rich FAST having done 0 to earn it.

Comment

RINOs

Sorry.. No explaining needed..
                      And I voted for because he was the "best" choice...
                      A partisan meme termed the senator's nearly tenfold increase in net worth over six years on a salary of $174,000 per year 'pretty impressive.'

Last edited by PondPopper; 01-18-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        The Senate should not be elected by popular vote. We need to go back to having them elected by the State Legislature, or apply the electoral college system to districts.
                        Politicians electing politicians? Yeah, that’ll clean things up. Won’t be no back scratching going on there

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Sorry.. No explaining needed..
                          And I voted for because he was the "best" choice...
                          A partisan meme termed the senator's nearly tenfold increase in net worth over six years on a salary of $174,000 per year 'pretty impressive.'

Did we read the same article?

Comment

RINOs

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Did we read the same article?

Yea wrong article..

This one.. That 15 million kinda jumps out at you.. Like I said. They are all on the take..

Ted Cruz net worth: It became the subject of debate in 2012. He poured all of his money into his campaign. This is what he's spending to become president...

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
                              Being a politician was never meant to be a career with self voted pensions, health care and pay raises.
                              While I agree on the need for term limits, if you're trying to argue that the founders didn't want people to be lifelong politicians, you should look at the founders themselves: Thomas Jefferson held a number of offices over 30 years, Ben Franklin held several offices over a period of 13 years (only stopping due to being old and of poor health), James Madison held offices over 28 years, etc. None of these spans includes offices they held before the constitution was written. I could go on down the list of founders, but it'd be a long post.

Comment

Working...
                              X