Toxic broad heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toxic broad heads

Has anyone used one of the toxic broadheads? They are pretty wicked looking, but havent heard much about them. There is a cool youtube video on the testing of them though.

Have you seen the video testing them on the jugs?

Comment

Yea, thats the one I watched. Thought that was a cool test. Ive looked up pictures on google, and it looks like it leaves a huge hole. Just want to hear some succes stories before I drop 50$ on three broadheads.

Comment

I would think that penetration would be a problem unless you have higher than normal momentum. this is not a new design. One was developed over 30 years ago and did not last very long. Do a search, another thread on this head has some other info on it. someone was supposedly going to test this head on some hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          I would think that penetration would be a problem unless you have higher than normal momentum. this is not a new design. One was developed over 30 years ago and did not last very long. Do a search, another thread on this head has some other info on it. someone was supposedly going to test this head on some hogs.
          I shot one into a broadhead target with my knightmare at 70/30 and got half the penetration of qad exodus and ramcats.. I was at Rednek Booda and we both looked and said "not even on hogs" but others may see better results.. The others buried to the fletching and the toxic went maybe halfway in the target.

Comment

BP, that is what I am thinking. To "core" something and get penetration is going to take one heck of a lot of momentum and a heavy arrow. I could actually see this head bouncing off certain animals with a light arrow and lighter poundage.

Comment

I'm going to give them a try this year. I've used Rage 2 blade for the last 6 years and have had great results. However, I like the idea of a fixed broadhead a little more than a mechanical. The test showed are pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                I shot one into a broadhead target with my knightmare at 70/30 and got half the penetration of qad exodus and ramcats.. I was at Rednek Booda and we both looked and said "not even on hogs" but others may see better results.. The others buried to the fletching and the toxic went maybe halfway in the target.
                The penetration test that I've seen on them seem to be up to par with most other broadheads. Better than some, not as good as others. It actually had better penetration than the Rage 2 blade (don't bash me because I use them!!!). I've used Rages and gotten pass throughs on 75% of the deer I've shot with my 28.5/70.

Comment

If you don't hit any bone you should get 3 Slimjims when it all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                    The penetration test that I've seen on them seem to be up to par with most other broadheads. Better than some, not as good as others. It actually had better penetration than the Rage 2 blade (don't bash me because I use them!!!). I've used Rages and gotten pass throughs on 75% of the deer I've shot with my 28.5/70.
                    Like I said some people may get better results but at my specs with a 471gr arrow it should have done better IMO.. A little whitetail with lots of energy may be ok but from what I saw I wouldn't want to bet a nice buck on one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      If you don't hit any bone you should get 3 Slimjims when it all over.
                      I agree. I think it's going to cause a bunch of trauma and a huge blood trail.

Comment

It sure would be a booger to resharpen!!!

Comment

I know a guy who will be shooting some hogs with them very soon. Hopefully we'll have some blood trail pics before too long!

Comment

I got some the other day and I'm gonna see if I can get a rabbit or two with one tonite. No feeder going so can't try them on any hogs just yet.

Comment

Sot one yesterday and when I pulled it out of the old 3d targets I got 3 slim jim pieces of foam. Left a massive entrance hole in the target.

Comment

Working...
                              X