Road ruts and how to fix them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road ruts and how to fix them?

Our lease is a mess! We tried to avoid driving as much as possible but we have a few spots that are destroyed. What’s the best way to fix/fill without access to a tractor?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caliche or pea gravel and raise this area or it will happen again.

Comment

Corduroy road...cut small sticks abt 3-5 inches in diameter and lay them across the ruts.

Comment

There's a reason it's soft there. Either it's a swag in the road or a place where the water drains across the road. May need a drain pipe or just raise elevation but some dirt work is required.JMO.

Comment

You can fix that without equipment, but you’re not going to. Just hire it out, I promise your back will thank me

Comment

Raising the road will just push it the either end of the rise. Culvert are something similar is best. JMO.

Comment

Have fixed a lot of them like that with flat limestone I picked up in the pasture. As you drive over it, it compacts and works quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                Have fixed a lot of them like that with flat limestone I picked up in the pasture. As you drive over it, it compacts and works quite well.

I've done this along with collecting all of the "ankle breaker" rocks and throwing them in the mud hole. the water can flow through and over without mucking up the road.

Comment

Drainage pipe and sixty 90-lb bags if sack-crete. Just pour it on dry at first then use a hand pump sprayer. Do 20 bags a weekend, rain or shine, doesn't matter.

Comment

A lot of rocks and a pipe.

Comment

True. Basically, I will use any that are not sharp flint. Fill the ruts, and they pack in nicely.

Comment

Make a new road around that spot. That’s what we did on our lease but got a severe butt chewing from LO

Comment

Got the same problem at our lease.
                          Thanks for the ideas.

Comment

On areas that won’t drain off I’ve had to wait until it’s relatively dry and dig the area out and replace that with waste chunks of concrete. Then put crushed concrete over it all. When I could find it, I’d buy leftover aggregate mixed with lime. Sometimes another place would have a road base or flex base product that works well on top of the buried chunks of concrete. You gotta fill in the voids around the larger pieces on the bottom and pack thoroughly.

Comment

Make a new road

Comment

Working...
                              X