No announcement yet.

2018 u.s. Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+9 here. Gonna come get the lead tamale! My long shot Ding dong Li shot +9. FIRED!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      +9 here. Gonna come get the lead tamale! My long shot Ding dong Li shot +9. FIRED!
      Should have paid attention to the scouting reports. Ben (Byeong) An is the hot player from Asia right now!

While on the subject of the Asian Continent, I'm wondering when Hideki is going to fall back into form?!

Comment

IwnpI’ll chkn

Originally posted by RLB View Post
        I’m a huge Tiger fan, always have been.....I just said he’d never win another major and I’m right, he won’t. Doesn’t take away from what he’s accomplished, unheard of talent....but he’ll never pass Jack. Was he better than Jack? That’s debatable too.....I’d say, we’ll never know.
        I hope he gets one more at least. I think he will but there are a lot of young guys that are good and are better than him right now. I’m too young for the Jack era so I always root for tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          I’m a huge Tiger fan, always have been.....I just said he’d never win another major and I’m right, he won’t. Doesn’t take away from what he’s accomplished, unheard of talent....but he’ll never pass Jack. Was he better than Jack? That’s debatable too.....I’d say, we’ll never know.
          I'll be the first to admit I was never a fan of Tiger until he all of a sudden wasn't relevant. I was personally there on 18 (Cottonwood Course) at the Byron Nelson in 2005 when he missed his par putt and in turn missed his first cut in 7 years. I was probably one of just a few people in the gallery who were hoping for it and celebrated it.

It's hard to compare the two as there are hundreds of arguments for both player's resumes.

Tiger is 3 wins short of tying Sam Snead's record for career wins. Surpassing this mark alone would (IMO) make the argument for Jack that much smaller/irrelevant.

I'm not sure if he will win a Major, let alone a PGA Tour event again. Nowadays, pretty much anyone in the field, each week, is more than capable of winning on the PGA Tour. The competition hasn't been sitting around waiting for Tiger to figure it out!

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
            Quick edit on the stats are for losers.
            Well, there was no need to be ugly.

Comment

Jordan Spieth +8
              Rickie Fowler +3
              Matt Kuchar +4
              Bubba Watson +7
              Justin Thomas +4
              Dustin Johnson -2

24 over

But today's a new day!

Comment

I will just go by end of day results from yesterday :

DJ -1
                Bryce +6
                Justin T.+2
                Rose +1
                Stenson +1
                Fowler +3

12 over ... yuck

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  I will just go by end of day results from yesterday :

DJ -1
                  Bryce +6
                  Justin T.+2
                  Rose +1
                  Stenson +1
                  Fowler +3

12 over ... yuck
                  We will gladly count all 6 of your guys

Your entire team is in the hunt!

Comment

Tiger going the wrong direction, I hate to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                      We will gladly count all 6 of your guys

Your entire team is in the hunt!
                      haha - with the way this course is playing, I have no idea who will be in my top 4 as of yet.

Comment

Scoring is not getting any better this morning and the afternoon is sure to be worse. I love it!

Comment

Maybe it was because I had my feet propped up while watching but it just did not seem the course was set up or playing too hard

Of the numbers I checked it looked like the overall high ringer score was about level 7s which puts it around 126. From memory, I don't think that was as bad as the TPD Championship at Sawgrass.
                          HOWEvER, hope springs eternal! Looks like the weather may be turning wet and cooler with wind. If the weather keeps getting worse this could be somewhat of a challenge

Another thing, 92 players within 10 shots of the lead.

Comment

In my mind the course is playing fair but as it should play for an Open. Golfers are not being punished for making good shot, they have a chance for par if they make good shots and put the ball where they want. If you don't hit the ball well, or put it where you want, you are going to be punished. All seems fair for me so far, all of Tigers problems today have come from not putting the ball where he wanted. He looks awful and is quickly becoming deflated.

Comment

My boy Dufner holed out for a bird on his last today. He got so fired up about it, it might affect his play the next two days! Fleetwood -4 today!!

It's totally fair out there. Par is 70! That's what you are supposed to shoot. Lots of folks get all wrapped up about scores under par. Great day at work they shoot 4-5 under. Average day at work they shoot even par. bad day at work they shoot 1-3 over par.

Hit it where they mow the grass and your ok. Hit it on the grass they cut really short when your supposed to and even better. Putt it once or twice and your good. Anything else and over par! That's golf.

For me, if I shoot par to 4 over its a good day. Shoot 5-7 over and its average. Anything over that is not good. On this course I would shoot way way more than that. These guys are really good!
                              Last edited by Abcdj; 06-15-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

If I had gone with my gut instead of studying the numbers I would be in red figures right now. instead I'm +7 and dang close to not being around for the weekend. I was iffy on Phil but picked him for sentimental reason but J Day has been a let down.

Comment

Working...
                                X