Lake Conroe fishing report???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Conroe fishing report???

Has anyone been to lake conroe lately?? Are the catfish still on the bulk heads??? Where are some good places to catch white bass or strippers?

Originally posted by hoytfamily41 View Post
    Has anyone been to lake conroe lately?? Are the catfish still on the bulk heads??? Where are some good places to catch white bass or strippers?
    Went Saturday, the cats are still on the bulkheads. Don't know about the strippers though.

Comment

Probaly going Saturday.. Been years since I been there.. Is the light house still good bulk head fishing?

Comment

What biting good and where?? If you don't mind telling

Comment

I went Saturday afternoon with two of my kids ( 8 and 10yo ). Catfish were still on the bulkheads. We launched out of April Plaza and headed out to the bulkheads on the main lake. We caught 17 in about 3hrs. Spent a lot of time baiting hooks etc for the kids. Liver has been working the best for us but shrimp has been ok too.
          Last edited by miket; 05-14-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Any size on the catfish??

Comment

Seems like they're getting bigger each trip. Out of the 20 or so I caught Saturday only a couple still had eggs. Biggest around 5 lbs, several around 4. Never fished around lighthouse.

Comment

Thanks. This news has the wife excited

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
                  Went Saturday, the cats are still on the bulkheads. Don't know about the strippers though.
                  Theyre prolly at work like the rest of us slackers

Comment

Lake is still down 3 feet. Crappie are back to 12-20 feet main creeks and lake structure. Nothing in the flats for crappie. South end south of Ayers Island (I think) good for trolling 10-20' for whites and hybrids. Also try the points and humps in that area.

Comment

Our biggest so far is 3lb 14oz. Most have been over 2lb. Rarely are we catching any that are undersize.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys gonna take me a few weekends to find some honey holes but thanks for the info, it's a start

Comment

Working...
                        X