Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Disappointing Success this week ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointing Success this week ......

I arrived at the lease Monday in time for an afternoon hunt, I got in my ground blind around 5:00pm. It was hot with plenty of mosquitos flying. About 6:00 pm I had a 10 pt walk in and gave me a great broadside look. I let an arrow fly but it hit a little low.

After thinking about the shot, I was very excited and rushed the shot. When I went to look for the arrow, the G5 broad head only had 2 blades deploy and had hair on it. The arrow had very little blood on one of the vanes. There was no blood on the ground and no blood trail.

I was very disappointed but continued to hunt morning and night till Thursday when two other lease members came to the lease. After the morning hunt, one of the other hunters had shot at a coyote on the other side of the lease (approx.1 mile) from where I hunt. When looking for a dead coyote, he found deer bones and this skull.

It matched the photos of the 10 pt I shot at. Needless to say I was disappointed with my shot .... but glad to recover the skull.

I normally shoot Muzzy broad heads, so now i'm questioning my decision to try the G5 and wondering if it might have altered the arrow flight?
    Attached Files

Sorry to hear that. I’ve always been a fan of fixed blades because I’m afraid of what happened to you.

Comment

Did you not practice with the heads before you shot at the deer??

Comment

If you know that you were excited and rushed the shot, then why are you questioning the broadheads performance? It obviously killed the deer. Shot placement is and always will be more important than type of braodhead used.

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
          If you know that you were excited and rushed the shot, then why are you questioning the broadheads performance? It obviously killed the deer. Shot placement is and always will be more important than type of braodhead used.
          Sucks it happened but this is the same thing I’m thinking. Glad you found the horns

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
            I think he was disappointed because all the blades didn't deploy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              I think he was disappointed because all the blades didn't deploy.
              You can’t know for sure if the blades deployed if you didn’t find the deer to look at wound channel. Blades close when they hit the ground

Comment

That makes sense.

Comment

That skull looks like it's been around much longer than a week.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    That skull looks like it's been around much longer than a week.
                    Exactly what I thought

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Exactly what I thought
                      What I thought also. Been there for a while

Comment

Stick to a fixed blade---why chance it!

Comment

I agree that skull looks a lot older than a week . Do you have trail cam picks of the buck?

Comment

If thats the deer you shot dont you have to tag it??

Comment

That’s definitely not the skull of a deer shot on a Monday and found on a Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                              X