X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilgai Broadhead

On previous post seen here
    http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...lgai+broadhead

I inquired about what broadhead to use out of what I already owned...

While I'm confident I could get it done, I'm going to listen to people that have actually shot a nilgai.

So, I have the broadhead itch again!

I'm looking at 125 grain heads only

Currently leaning toward the 125 SS Vipertrick.

Open to all suggestions

I shot mine with a 100 gr. Rocky Mtn. Titanium. They don't make it anymore, but there are similar designs out there.

Comment

I have killed a nilgai cow and bull with a bow. I would go with a 125 grain head. The vipertrick is a solid choice. I might look at a good two blade like a silver flame, kudu point, Strickland helix, or iron will. I think a well build three blade will also work. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot one with a qad exodus or something solid like a vpa or bishop 3 blade. I would go with a 500 grain arrow and for sure not under 450 grains. I shot my bull with a 500+ grain arrow out of an 80 lb bowtech with the old black Magnus 125 grain heads and a glue in insert. Complete pass through and a very quick death.

Comment

Grim reaper worked on my bull

Comment

Originally posted by KevinAndy View Post
          I shot mine with a 100 gr. Rocky Mtn. Titanium. They don't make it anymore, but there are similar designs out there.
          Thanks! I'll look into it.

Originally posted by docmay View Post
          I have killed a nilgai cow and bull with a bow. I would go with a 125 grain head. The vipertrick is a solid choice. I might look at a good two blade like a silver flame, kudu point, Strickland helix, or iron will. I think a well build three blade will also work. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot one with a qad exodus or something solid like a vpa or bishop 3 blade. I would go with a 500 grain arrow and for sure not under 450 grains. I shot my bull with a 500+ grain arrow out of an 80 lb bowtech with the old black Magnus 125 grain heads and a glue in insert. Complete pass through and a very quick death.
          I'm using Easton 6mm FMJ's at 460 grains. Thanks for the input, I will look at those

Comment

Pm coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
              Grim reaper worked on my bull
              Fixed or expandable?

Comment

Look at iron will broadheads

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                  Look at iron will broadheads

Already have. They look awesome, just alot of $$$ for a poor boy like me

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                    Already have. They look awesome, just alot of $$$ for a poor boy like me

Then shoot slick trick standards. That’s what I shoot

Comment

If money is a decider a would go with Slick Trick Magnums........I shot mine with a Silver Flame and dang happy I did!!!

Comment

I shot mine with a Ramcat

Comment

I hear many good choices above and would vote for a Ramcat, Viper trick any of the big two blades mentioned. If money is an issue don't forget about the 125 Magnus stinger. It's a good head, accurate, will drive deep and well priced.

Also, look for 450 grains and above like Doc mentioned and up your FOC. I'm running black eagles at 475 with 21% FOC. Were it me, I'd run that ramcat on this arrow in my 65 pound bow without issue. Second choice would be the Magnus stinger.

Comment

I shot mine with a German Kentic. Aim low, my bull dropped quite a bit before max red sd arrow arrived. I also second shooting a heavier arrow set up.

Comment

Just got some in Bubba from TruGlo
                              They are making them [emoji16][emoji1303]
                              Your welcome [emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                              X