No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what all of the trucks were doing on the Gov. Land behind the dam today? I could see them driving around all over the place.

Comment

baits untouched at sore finger again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        13 miles total for the day
        We did that a few times till we learned the shortcuts.

I like the bike idea. The Recruiter and He who never misses use bikes when going into C. Makes for an easy haul out.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
          Does anyone know what all of the trucks were doing on the Gov. Land behind the dam today? I could see them driving around all over the place.
          There's a hunt going on this week GT. They give the hunters the gate combos and they're allowed to drive around in there. Don't be alarmed. lol

Comment

with all of the deer I saw this past weekend in Pecan Grove, they should have some pretty good luck. Anyone know how many hunters are drawn for the hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              I take my bow/arrows, water, snacks, flashlight, wallet(with permit) baggie of corn, and knife.

I never worry about what to do if I shoot one. Thats never a problem LOL.
              lol..... I usually bring a camelback or a jug of water, my permit and license, a bow with PLENTY of arrows, a deer drag with shoulder straps (cheap at Gander mountain,Academy ect...), a flashlight, good boots (you will put the miles on them), a cell phone (in case of emergency), a good skinning knife,

If you look at the last picture you will see that the pigs are wearing their nikes!

Kody
              Attached Files
              Last edited by HillCountryBowHunter; 01-06-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Nice, when did you get those?

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                  There's a hunt going on this week GT. They give the hunters the gate combos and they're allowed to drive around in there. Don't be alarmed. lol
                  Oh OK. Looked like a man hunt going on down there. Headlights everywhere. So whats the report for the season Jeff?

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                    Oh OK. Looked like a man hunt going on down there. Headlights everywhere. So whats the report for the season Jeff?
                    Overall it was a good season, except for the disappointment of missing the biggest buck I've ever seen in the wild. We thinned our doe herd a little and basically watched a lot of bucks all season and didn't shoot them. My total count was around 60 different bucks seen throughout the season. Some of them are really, really nice and have tremendous of potential if our sorry azz neighbors stop shooting every deer that jumps the fence. I have no idea why you would shoot a 1.5 y/o 6 or 8pt when there's no question you're in an area that has the potential to grow the kind of deer we have. We heard over 40 shots from their 30 acre place, and that's just while we were out there, and there were constantly buzzards circling so I know they were doing a lot of killing. I should probably have placed a cals to the Milam cty game warden, just to see if he could check on what the heck they were doing. No way they had that many doe permits on that small acreage and if they were shooting bucks, well-it's only one branch antlered buck per season. We didn't get that many doe permits and have 50 times the acreage they do. That's basically my only complaint about the place is the hunting pressure on the east side, and it's frustrating. I'm sure you deal with the same thing. Oh.....still no hogs!!

Comment

Montec Man, pm sent

Comment

Anyone going out this weekend. I believe I will be out one of the days for sure.

Comment

I am planning on going out 1 if not both days, not sure if I will do the morning thing or evening. Will probably have to be morning on Sat. cuz I dont wanna miss the Cowboys!!!

Comment

Dirtymike, PM Sent...

Comment

baits untouched in SG

Comment

saw a big group at "the spot" today just couldnt get close enough with all the dry leaves

Comment

Working...
                                X