Spin cast and Gravity in same location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spin cast and Gravity in same location

I have both a spin cast and a gravity feeder in the same location on my ranch.
    The Protein feeder is a 1000lbs allseason with feeder tubes

The spin cast feeder is a 300lbs feeder with allseason control unit on it.

Question:
    If I remove the Spin Cast feeder from this location do you think that i will loose the deer comming into the feeder?

thanks
    MJJ
    Attached Files

Depends on if the deer are used to the gravity feeder. When we started feeding protein it was hard getting deer to them so we put up a spincast to start off for a few months. Did that two years. 3rd year they knew to always go there. We just put feed in there after the season and they come right away. Havent used spincast there in 3 years.

Comment

By removing the spincast did you notice that it changed the pattern of the deer coming into feeder

Comment

Can't say that it did. We placed feeders in areas we knew deer travel so it was pretty much on there pattern, We were on the lease a couple years before protein feeding so when had a good understanding how they traveled. We keep the protein feeders in the areas of normal other spincast but most are separate to where they can be seen from a stand. They may be 100 yards apart or next to a food plot.

Comment

I don't think you would lose any deer. I would just turn my corn feeder off first before going to the trouble of moving it to make sure.

Comment

I would bet the chances of the deer ignoring that feeder pen would be greater if you removed the protien feeder

Comment

I have all my blinds set up with spin cast for corn and 2000-3000 protein feeders, I turn off the corn except during hunting season.

Comment

kill those porcupines!

ac

Comment

I do not like those porcupines i usually take a couple out every time i am there but seem they just keep comming

Comment

Originally posted by Bigust View Post
                    If I remove the Spin Cast feeder from this location do you think that i will loose the deer comming into the feeder?
                    I think the deer will still come. Just not necessarily at the time of day that you want them to.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                      I think the deer will still come. Just not necessarily at the time of day that you want them to.
                      This is what i was thinking!

Comment

why are you thinking of moving it?

Comment

They are more than likely going after the protein than the corn anyway.

Comment

I moved my spin feeder outside of my pen this year to but don't have a camera to see what's coming to it can't wait for the season to start.

Comment

Working...
                            X