Quick and Easy Salsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick and Easy Salsa

I didn't have much of a recipe to go off of so I threw some stuff together today and was really pleased with the outcome!

1 - 28oz can diced tomatoes
    1/2 - Small yellow onion
    4 - Jalepenos (more or less depending on how much heat you like)
    1 1/2 Tsp minced garlic (the actual spoon, not the measuring spoon (not sure if they're the same or not)
    1 small handfull Cilantro (maybe 1/4 cup before chopping)
    Salt to taste

I finely diced everything and just mixed to gether in a bowl. Depending on the consistency you like you can chop, dice, use a food processor, blend, puree, etc.

Danny's restaurant in laredo does this same salsa and it is great i love it, all you need to add is a little lime

Comment

Originally posted by AggieHunter View Post
      I didn't have much of a recipe to go off of so I threw some stuff together today and was really pleased with the outcome!

1/2 - Small yellow onion
      1 1/2 Tsp minced garlic (the actual spoon, not the measuring spoon (not sure if they're the same or not)
      Salt to taste

I finely diced everything and just mixed to gether in a bowl. Depending on the consistency you like you can chop, dice, use a food processor, blend, puree, etc.
      I make almost the exact same thing but instead of the diced tomatoes and jalepenos, I just used Rotel tomatoes and chiles in whatever heat you want. I used the regular but they have the hot and mild.

Also as a difference, I mash up one avocado per can of Rotel. If I used the fresh onions and garlic, I let it set for three or four hours to let the flavors blend. If I am really in a hurry, I use garlic and onion powder so the flavors blend quicker.

Great stuff though with or without the avocados.

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
        Danny's restaurant in laredo does this same salsa and it is great i love it, all you need to add is a little lime
        I kind of got the recipe from a restaurant. One of the guys I work with brought some to work one day and it was a big hit. I found out that his mother owned and ran a Mexican restaurant. She made a green salsa with tomatillos instead of tomatoes but other than that, it was just about the same and she added the avocados.

I didn't feel like cooking tomatillos and decided on the shortcut of Rotel.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieHunter View Post

1/2 - Small yellow onion
          Salt to taste

that sounds just like mine, except I add a little cumin and vinegar...I mix mine in a blender

Comment

Try roasting the jalapenos and tomato on the bbq grill..throw it all in the blender..makes for some excellent salsa dip.

Comment

I think this needs to become the official TBH Salsa thread. Post your favorite Salsa recipe....

Comment

1 can hot rotel
                1 can rotel with lime
                1 can original rotel
                1 can sams choice hot (chunky)
                1 small small can of chives

blend to the thickness you like, takes 5 minutes to make and is very good!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyTX View Post
                  Try roasting the jalapenos and tomato on the bbq grill..throw it all in the blender..makes for some excellent salsa dip.
                  That's what I do - I cut a few fresh tomatoes and an onion in half and put them on the grill along with japs. After they are roasted I give them a spin in the processor and add to a basic recipe similar to the one in the first post.

Comment

Working...
                  X