(Texans Against) High Speed Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Old Texas law allows railroad surveyors to survey any property anywhere because its railroad. Remember priorities: Football, God, Oil, Railroad. Word on the beat is Houston Aggies wanted a stop near Huntsville to get off and go to BCS. Sensible choice of I45 corridor affects several affluent peoples properties and it got pushed away from that corridor.

I hope Trump sees clear to make an Intra/Interstate public transportation rail system on already owned Interstate highway land. Probably not gonna be popular in the short term with the red crowd. Many will see things two dimensionally when we live in three dimensions physically but actually four if not more...ie...go up or down not left or right.

Good luck to all those GSers affected.
    Texas Central Rail was threatening landowners with lawsuits and the use of imminent domain to acquire properties at less than market value before they had even finalized a route for the rail. That way they could sell the land at a profit even if the project went a different route or never got off the ground. They don't want the rail to run on current highway or utility corridors...they want the land and have the Japanese investors to fund it's purchase.

If this is allowed to happen, ALL GSers WILL be affected by the taxes to support it.

Comment

Last nights forum was just a formality. It's happening and there's not a thing we can do to stop it. It's sickening.

Comment

Its been a done deal for along time. Look at the environmental study they just did. You don't pay millions for a study unless your trying to win over the public. They announced about two weeks ago there will be a stop near Roans Prairie. They already purchased land to begin building the station. We are down the road in Shiro. Property values are sky high with investors buying up small ranches everywhere so they can flip to rich buisnessmen that may want to build and use the rail.

Comment

Originally posted by LWolken View Post
          Its been a done deal for along time. Look at the environmental study they just did. You don't pay millions for a study unless your trying to win over the public.
          Lol, and if they didn't spend millions the issue would be they didn't spend enough to do a proper study.

Comment

Its going to run right through the middle of my friends property that has been in his family for 4 generations. Such a **** shame.

Comment

I’m a railroad contractor and I object to the dumb idea. There are several key obstacles that have prevented it this far but apparently there have been a lot of people that have already passed the pipe in it.
              The whole thing will have to be built on elevated platforms as you cannot have road crossings on high speed rail.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                Dallas to Houston one stop in Bryan. So everyone it effects land wise along the route is #$%@÷# like chuck trying to get on it. It will pass by me around Corsicana going 3000 mph. I haven't read much about it but if there is a 2 mile cone of safety around it I hope never gets on track.
                Is that a typo? Or is everyone also going to be dealing with a sonic boom every time it gets going faster than the speed of sound?

Comment

The liberals want us to be more like Europe, I have an idea how about they move to Europe.

Comment

Runs from Houston to Dallas. Stops in Bryan, and goes 3000 mph?

Comment

[QUOTE=Briar Friar;13146094]Old Texas law allows railroad surveyors to survey any property anywhere because its railroad. Remember priorities: Football, God, Oil, Railroad. Word on the beat is Houston Aggies wanted a stop near Huntsville to get off and go to BCS. Sensible choice of I45 corridor affects several affluent peoples properties and it got pushed away from that corridor.

I hope Trump sees clear to make an Intra/Interstate public transportation rail system on already owned Interstate highway land. Probably not gonna be popular in the short term with the red crowd. Many will see things two dimensionally when we live in three dimensions physically but actually four if not more...ie...go up or down not left or right.

Good luck to all those GSers affected

You left off WATER

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                        The whole thing will have to be built on elevated platforms as you cannot have road crossings on high speed rail.
                        How do they cross roads in Europe and Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                          Dallas to Houston one stop in Bryan. So everyone it effects land wise along the route is #$%@÷# like chuck trying to get on it. It will pass by me around Corsicana going 3000 mph. I haven't read much about it but if there is a 2 mile cone of safety around it I hope never gets on track.
                          It’s cutting through my inlaws place outside of Corsicana and they aren’t happy about it whatsoever.

City people want more convenience...

Comment

I'm sick of private money making endeavors that use the government for leverage, and eventually leave us paying. If you want to go to Dallas or Houston, get in your car. If you're too lazy for that, get on a plane. Good luck to everyone affected by this mess.

Comment

The master plan is to eventually connect Dallas down to San Antonio, thru Austin. And then from San Antonio back to Houston. Making a big commuters' loop. City businessman want to be able to commute to other major cities easily. Supposed to be able to go from Houston to Dallas in under an hour. The stops along the way seem pointless to me. Especially in Bryan or Huntsville. Those are only an hour's drive...

I hate the idea of government over stepping their bounds and ruining land that's been in a family for generations. I bet the interstates and highways got a similar reaction way back in the day. But those aren't privately owned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                                The master plan is to eventually connect Dallas down to San Antonio, thru Austin. And then from San Antonio back to Houston. Making a big commuters' loop. City businessman want to be able to commute to other major cities easily. Supposed to be able to go from Houston to Dallas in under an hour. The stops along the way seem pointless to me. Especially in Bryan or Huntsville. Those are only an hour's drive...

I hate the idea of government over stepping their bounds and ruining land that's been in a family for generations. I bet the interstates and highways got a similar reaction way back in the day. But those aren't privately owned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Self driving cars will defeat mass transit. You are right, it's businesses that need it, but their need is to be able to work the entire time they are travelling. So driving is out of the picture, and this is the next best thing.

In 100 years, folks will look back and be blown away that people actually drove their own cars. Kind of like now, when people look back on horse & buggy days, pre refrigerator days, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X