REM 700 Timney Trigger Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REM 700 Timney Trigger Upgrade

Went from a 5 lb. factory trigger to an adjusted 2 lb. Timney Trigger on both my Remington 700's. .243 and .270.

Had a friend ask if I was a Gunsmith. No but I do know how to watch YouTube. LOL

Very Happy with this upgrade.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by coker737; 01-22-2017, 08:00 AM.

That's where I'm at right now. A lot of stuff people pay gunsmiths for is super easy to do if you have a few tools and a bit of mechanical aptitude. I'm at the point now where my friends and my friend's friends are asking me to work on their guns. I've helped some of my friends, but I'm ready to start getting paid for my time so I'm looking into an FFL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Smart upgrade! Thank you gunru's for awesome YouTube videos!

Comment

Let me just say that there are fixes and upgrades to firearms that with a bit of mechanical aptitude are easy. I have worked on all my guns at one point. Glocks, Easy. These Remington triggers, Real Easy.

I would not rule out taking any of my guns to a Gunsmith if I felt the fix or upgrade was out of my comfort zone.

Should have done this when the Remington 700 trigger Recall came down instead of sending them off and waiting 3 months to get back.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
          Let me just say that there are fixes and upgrades to firearms that with a bit of mechanical aptitude are easy. I have worked on all my guns at one point. Glocks, Easy. These Remington triggers, Real Easy.

I would not rule out taking any of my guns to a Gunsmith if I felt the fix or upgrade was out of my comfort zone.

Should have done this when the Remington 700 trigger Recall came down instead of sending them off and waiting 3 months to get back.
          Absolutely! It's not all easy stuff, and some stuff requires specialized tools, but the majority of stuff that needs to be done on most guns these days, I've found to be easy to accomplish with a set of punches, Allen/torx wrenches, etc. Now, get into machining, rebarreling, etc, and you start needing more equipment, expertise etc. One day I'll be able to do those things too, but for now I'll leave that stuff to the professionals. Stock bedding, lug lapping, trigger adjustments and replacements..... all fairly simple, and now, there are even tools available to allow you to do some barrel work, like crowning a muzzle, without the use of a lathe.
          Midway USA has a video series where they show (abbreviated) Larry Potterfield building a Remington 700, including truing the action, with a vice, a hand drill, and a few special tools. Even finish chambers and headspaces the barrel by hand with a hand turned reamer. It's pretty cool, although I don't know how accurate it would be compared to someone who performed the same operations using a lathe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Do the same small work myself. Saves cash and I feel better knowing I did the upgrade. Especially with how light I like my triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
              Do the same small work myself. Saves cash and I feel better knowing I did the upgrade. Especially with how light I like my triggers.

Comment

I picked one up at Shot Show

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

First one I bought was $75....

Comment

Did the same on my 7-08 recently. Love the difference.

Comment

Did mine recently. It's a UUUge improvement... I mean its the greatest up grade ever... There has never been an upgrade this amazing before...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                        Did mine recently. It's a UUUge improvement... I mean its the greatest up grade ever... There has never been an upgrade this amazing before...
                        Lol, did Mexico pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                          Had a friend ask if I was a Gunsmith. No but I do know how to watch YouTube. LOL
                          It's two bloody pins, that's like someone asking if you're an electrician because you can change the batteries on a remote...

Comment

Two pins or 2 hundred pins, i'm not mechanically inclined. I had my brother install a Timney trigger in my Sendero Special 7mm Rem. Mag. Really like it. Set at 2 lbs. i just don't think about the trigger until i'm ready to squeeze.

Comment

Probably the easiest diy upgrade to an M700.
                              A heck of a lot easier than pillar bedding.

Comment

Working...
                              X