Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wildlife Ranch in Mason, TX - Negative Experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wildlife Ranch in Mason, TX - Negative Experience!

Sorry for the Long Read......

Christmas Eve, my Wife called them up to pay for a $210 hunt (ram) and surprised me with this gift for Christmas. A gentleman at her work had recommended these guys on a hunt , as he had went the previous year and stated he enjoyed it.

Anyways, my wife tells me on Christmas Day and I was blown away she would set a hunt up like this up for me. After telling her how much I appreciated the gift , I looked up the Ranch and it is located fairly distant from me and I knew my work schedule for this year is going to be insane without many weekends available(possibly moving also). I discussed with her and we decided it would probably be best to set something like this up much further down the road.

Christmas Day we emailed The WildLife Ranch and let them know it wouldn't be possible for me to book a date for this hunt and we wanted to know what their refund policy was.

Email was returned same day from the guide that took her $$ , and stated he wasn't sure what the policy was.

Wife called them a few days later and was told the lady that knew how to process refunds was out on funeral leave and wouldn't return until the following week.

Wife called a week later and talked to the lady that "supposedly" knew what needed to be done. Lady stated she would need to talk to the Owner (Jim Schmidt) and get confirmation to do the refund. She also expressed that Jim is only in the office on Wednesday's so she politely took down my wifes phone # so he could call her.

Two Weeks go by without a call from anyone....

Wife calls them and asks why we haven't been contacted yet so the lady gave some excuses and ended up giving out the owners Phone #.

Wife called owner and he actually picked up but he stated he was in the middle of something(auction) and would have to call her back.

We let 2 days go by and he didn't call back.

After getting the run-around for over a month and now the owner won't return our calls, I finally got fed up and called this guy myself. All I wanted was him to explain his refund policy and he kept stating your $200 was for a deposit and is not refundable. The owner kept telling me I needed to take this up with the guide that took our money(which is a young man in his 20's and a very nice guy).

Absolutely, No where on their website does it state anything about a non-refundable deposit or was anything told to my wife about it being non-refundable. She paid $210 for a total hunt and never even booked a date.

Yesterday, the guide called my wife and said they would agree to return half the money ($100)! I called them back today and told them they have to have the worst customer service of any business I have ever dealt with and it didn't seem to phase the owner one bit.

Today, the guide called and wanted to get my address. Stated they would have to "take it up to corporate"!!! , and if they worked it out they would send me a check.

What does the green screen think? Am I out of line here or should I push harder? I'm sick and tired of getting the run-around from this company and not getting anything done. If they had a return policy for their hunts on their website, I would be all about letting them keep that amount and taking the loss and moving on.

This has been going on unresolved for over 6 weeks now!

I would advise anyone thinking about hunting at this Ranch to STAY AWAY

Small claims court is your friend however that might cost more in travel expenses than it is worth. I hate that place and what they call hunting..

Comment

Personally I think the guide or outfitter (whoever sold her the hunt) should have sold her a gift certificate to be used at your convenience at least thats what I did on those type of things.

Comment

I've heard lots of negatives about this place. Hope it gets resolved for you.

Comment

So the hunt total was 210 ? If so 105 is what you should expect back. You have no idea how many people back out of hunts. Even though you didn't book a day to hunt you still reserved a hunt. Bad customer relations though. Sell the hunt to someone else , that is the best way to get your money back. Just be prepared to take some heat from who ever you sell it to. That place from what I hear is a petting zoo.

Comment

I require deposits unless I know you. It takes time to plan a hunt on my end. If something comes up I work with the hunter to find a solution that both of us agree on.

Comment

I have never been a fan of publicly bashing a business, but this place has driven me over the top. If they make it better and send the refund , I have no problem retracting my post

Comment

Don't ever pre-pay until you know you can hunt specific dates, i hunt a ranch in san angelo like this but the rancher will book your hunt and you pay when you get to the cabin on the ranch.....better business i think,,and there are alot of crooks in this industry.

Comment

Never heard anything positive about this place. Hope you get your deposit back.

Comment

Place is horrible. I advise avoiding like Typhoid Mary with the bubonic plague.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about this place, hope you get your money back.

Comment

Thanks ill stay the hell away from that mess.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. I would expect to get half back from a normal ranch.

It is such a small amount of money, you may be better off to just write it off to a lesson learned and save yourself some stress. I feel for your wife, she tried to do something special and I am sure she probably feels bad now.

Teach your cool wife to get on the TBH rate the day lease forum to pick your hunts.

Comment

I can tell you that if you are disappointed about not getting your money back, you would be even more dissappointed in the hunt. Went a few years back with some fellow TBHers and it is the closest thing to a canned hunt I have ever seen. Animals are in 100 acre pins and have no place to go and no cover. Horrible experience and I would never recommend this place.

Comment

call your cc company and dispute the bill

Comment

Working...
                              X