DIY shooting sticks idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY shooting sticks idea

I was cleaning out the garage last night and ran across some fiberglass poles from an old hub-style popup blind that was destroyed a few years back. Got to thinking they might make some good, lightweight shooting sticks.

Anybody make their own sticks an have some words of wisdom before I jump in?

I just youtubed "shooting sticks" and it brought up a whole page full of ideas

Comment

If you can drill a hole through them, use a bolt and wing nut. That way, you can carry one stick, but be able to turn it into a bipod quickly.

Comment

We make our own using oak dowel rods

Comment

Yeah, electrical tape, rubber band, leather shoe lace etc. about 8" from the top. They work just as good as anything. I have some made out of dowel rods and electrical tape.

Comment

Made mine from 2 driveway reflectors. Cut the reflectors off the poles, painted OD green and plastic dipped the top 4-5 inches and bolted together. They are lightweight and work great.

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks fellas. Was thinking they would be really helpful in a tripod - the rail is just too low.

Comment

Last yr i made some out of 1/2" emt and black tape. I " found" some bent 1/2" at work

Comment

Working...
                X