No announcement yet.

Deer Camp Activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have an annual BB Gun gun target competition. When I go up to Northern Michigan to deer camp I usually buy some prizes (deer calls, hunting gloves, deer scents, etcetera). We also pitch in 5$ a hunter. We have teenagers and adults all shooting the red rider bb gun at a rifle target with scoring rings out to about 20 yards. First place gets the cash and bragging rights till next season, and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place get to pick a prize. The other 5-6 guys get ridiculed. It may sound silly but just having the guys goofing off, insulting each other, while shooting the bb gun is a blast. I do this because the beer, cards, napping are just a given and everyone looks forward to the annual bb gun shootout each year. It brings out the kids in all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatatarian View Post
      We have an annual BB Gun gun target competition. When I go up to Northern Michigan to deer camp I usually buy some prizes (deer calls, hunting gloves, deer scents, etcetera). We also pitch in 5$ a hunter. We have teenagers and adults all shooting the red rider bb gun at a rifle target with scoring rings out to about 20 yards. First place gets the cash and bragging rights till next season, and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place get to pick a prize. The other 5-6 guys get ridiculed. It may sound silly but just having the guys goofing off, insulting each other, while shooting the bb gun is a blast. I do this because the beer, cards, napping are just a given and everyone looks forward to the annual bb gun shootout each year. It brings out the kids in all of us.
      Yep, BB guns are a blast. Had four high school buddies out at my property for a so called 25 year reunion. Brought the BB gun out and I shot pine comes out of the tree that would land on their head...next thing I know, a competition breaks out.

Comment

Sit on the back porch with a cold drink, and a cigar. This is during lunch, and after dinner activity.

Once in a while we will play washers.
        We shoot pigs and coons in the front yard.
        Shoot at beer cans with bb gun, or slingshot. Competition can get fierce!
        If I'm out there alone, I like to sit and read or watch movies (I have stacks of DVD's out there)

I am always doing some sort of maintenance or upkeep around camp. Going to put heat trace on our water pipes the next trip out (real heat trace with self regulating wire and a thermostat, not the cheap crap from a home improvement store) I've got at least 2 cords of wood cut for the winter. It is piled up near camp.

Comment

Working...
        X