Low poundage broad head question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low poundage broad head question

My girlfriend just got a new Hoyt Ignite for her first bow and absolutely loves it. She wears me out trying to get me to go shoot with her and I think it's awesome she's so excited. She shoots it well and is already talking about trying to take a deer with it next deer season. By then she will be shooting about 55 pounds out of a 25" draw length. When trying to decide which broad heads to set her up with I found some older Simmons Land Sharks as well as some slick tricks. Which of these two would be the better choice or if neither, what would you suggest? Thanks

My cousin got a pass-thru on a nice buck with a 42# bow. He hurt his shoulder and had to back off or risk not being able to hunt. He used Magnus Stingers.

Comment

Another Magnus Stinger shooter here....my Z7 Extreme is set at 50 lbs, 26.5 DL.....put it in the engine room and it kills 'em dead.

Comment

Magnus 2 blades are great heads, thats what I had my gf shooting for her first year. I now switched her over to the Dirtnap Gear DRT. Getting pass throughs at 42lbs, lots of good stuff out there.

Comment

Almost any head will work with a good tune, good flight and proper shot placement and a very good forward tip on the broadhead. No mechanicals, only fixed or COC.

Comment

If you choose slick trick be sure to use the viper tricks.

Comment

Another vote for the magnus stingers here.

Comment

While 55# isn't exactly low poundage, anything with a low angle, sharp, and cut on contact will do just fine. The Magnus Stinger is my 10yo's "go to" right now and she just bumped up to 38#. Also, I'd stay away from the mechanicals for now until she' a little more experienced since a sharp two blade is a little more forgiving (In my limited experience).

Good job getting her involved.

Comment

Try carbon express native actually test out better than stinger and its cheap.
                  My kids have killed deer pigs and turkey with them

Comment

Thanks fellas. That's what I needed.

Comment

Rage 2 Blade 40KE.

Comment

I shoot 50lbs @ 27" and use Thunderheads.

DJ

Comment

Ramcat, bam!

Comment

Slick Trick Magnum 100's. I have a bad shoulder shoot 38# sliced right the shoulder and out the other side on a doe opening day. Piled up about 25 yards away.

Comment

A scary sharp 2 blade head will provide all the penetration she will need to kill anything in North America. Zwickey Lites are 125 Grain (I believe) and should shoot well out of her bow. Just learn how to sharpen the heads and get them shaving sharp.

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X