Any Furniture Makers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Furniture Makers?

Having trouble finding a dining table like my woman wants for a decent price, so I’m thinking about building one. I don’t have the tools to make the pedestal bases, but I’ve found a pair online for about $25 that I can use. A top should be pretty easy to make. Where do you folks buy your materials around DFW?

I've made quite a bit of furniture but probably not what she wants. As a weldor, most of the bases are metal and the tops are wood, granite or composites. Wood and metal do go together nicely. Some of these may give her some ideas. Good luck.
    Attached Files

Comment

I know what it’s gonna look like, just wonder where people get nicer wood plank and suck for their builds.

Those like pretty good btw.

Comment

Google hardwood lumber. Not hard to finds big boards for furniture making at a good lumber yard or specialty mill.

Nice metal work Draco!

Comment

Really nice work

Comment

My son had a good friend build him this watchmakers bench. We went down to a local Sears Trostell lumber yard and picked out all of the woods from the yard. They had slabs and dimenisional lumber of all kinds and would cut it down to size if needed.
            You should have access to some really nice hardwoods from Texas. Slabs are not cheap so maybe call a local sawmill too. They usually have some local woods and perhaps a kiln for dried lumber and slabs.
            You might salvage an old base from a trashed table top and not have to make one, legs too.
            Attached Files

Comment

If you don't want hardwood, you can build a very nice table top from hand picked pine from lowes/ home depot. I'm too cheap to buy hardwood for large projects like that. I have built 8 or 10 from pine and I suspect they will well outlive my children. For best results you will need a tablesaw to rip off the outside edges that have radiused corners.

I'm talking 2 by material not 1 by. I was building them 8 and 10 feet long for about $100 in material total.
              Last edited by LeanMachine; 12-20-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Barney Robinson Hardwoods in Fort Worth

Comment

Working...
                X