• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    Make a new road

Why didn’t I think of that! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a lot of iron ore on our place and cleaned the fields of it for spots like that. We later hired a maintainer and put in converts and cut raised roads problem solved.

Comment

My land owner would loose his mind if we did that on our place. Best thing to do it get a Bobcat or tractor and build up the area with limestone or some sort of gravel, but definitely fix the road.

Comment

Tractor and box blade would get it back to normal when dried out. Raised Caliche would fix the problem with culvert.

Comment

Backfill with crushed aggregate. Crown the road (box blade) where higher in the middle so both sides drain off to the sides.
            In areas were water collect, cut a small ditch (angle the box blade), cut the ditch at 45 degree from the road to direct water further away from the bog.
            If you don't have a base in the road, you'll need some fill for stability.

Comment

You aren’t going to be able to fix that without a tractor or something similar. I’d let it dry out really well, blade it smooth, and then get a couple loads of rock dumped and spread right there. This would be a start anyway...you really need to figure out why that spot is collecting water and address that issue first or you’re going to have to repeat the above process over and over. Good luck. Road maintenance is ongoing. All roads have some crappy spots like that. Your landowner should know and understand that.

Skinny

Comment

We have several spots just like that on our lease. We’’ve had to start hauling our wheelers back and forth from home and leaving trucks at gate, then hauling everything in on the wheelers with the trailers. We’ll just have to wait till things dry out. Even then not much we can do about fixing them. There are just too many spots still seeping right now and too many to repair. It’s all just part of the fun. Lol

Comment

Cut a trench if possible, so the water will drain.

Comment

Heavily corn it. Hogs will mud ball it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                      Our lease is a mess! We tried to avoid driving as much as possible but we have a few spots that are destroyed. What’s the best way to fix/fill without access to a tractor?
                      Thanks

In order to fix that correctly you will need to dig it out put a culvert in lay some rip rap down and then proper fill and compact with a tamper or your just going to be wasting your money on a temporary fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
                        In order to fix that correctly you will need to dig it out put a culvert in lay some rip rap down and then proper fill and compact with a tamper or your just going to be wasting your money on a temporary fix.

My guess is that water got there by running down the road to that low spot. A culvert won’t do anything for that.

Skinny

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. We have been here for 28 years and this is the worst it has ever been. I got a yard of 4-5” limestone and put it in the ruts and it helped for now. Going to rent a tractor in the spring to fix it and do some shredding.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            My guess is that water got there by running down the road to that low spot. A culvert won’t do anything for that.

Skinny
                            Yup. Or a spring popped up there. We had 3 springs pop up in our roads this year with all of the rain. We had a spot between the house and well and i saw water poring out of it. I estimated it at 8-10 gallons a minute. I turned the pump off and it didn't slow down. Scratched my head and then reached in to find there wasn't a pipe! That spring has since dried up but the roads are still a mess in spots.

Comment

Heck looks pretty good to me you should see our road!

Comment

Ours is a mess also, didn't rain all year and now it wont stop

Comment

Working...
                                X