No announcement yet.

Headed to court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny I put a bark collar on one of my dogs , as it looses its mind over squirrels the neighbors feeds them . I noticed a smell from the dog after about a week . It had been shocked so many times it had two holes in its neck and was infected . She has to stay inside during the day now . and those around me never complained , But its not right as the guy down further has like 6 dogs that bark all freaking day and night ARGGGG

Comment

Sucks for you man.....sounds like your neighbor is being unreasonable if it only barks for less than a minute every few hours.

This is one reason why I can't live with a neighbor right on top of me.....can't stand a moody neighbor.

We did have a neighbor complain about our bloodhound one time, funny thing is he only barks if you come down our drive and he doesn't recognize you or if another animal wanders up.....Come to find out the reason he was barking was the neighbor who complained had let his dog out to wander around.

IMO if you make a reasonable effort to reduce the barking then he should take a chill pill...Down side to a residential close quarter neighborhood.

Comment

Stories like these are why I live out in the country. I will never live that close to other people, we have plenty of room here in Texas so I take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
          Try putting a small block of wood the same size as the bark collar on your dog. I had a pacing, barking beagle that was driving me crazy. The minute I'd put the shock collar on she would quit pacing and barking. She knew what was coming next if she didn't shut up.

It's not good to keep a shock collar on a dog for long periods. The prongs will rub bald red spots.

I cut a small block of wood, painted it black and screwed it on to another collar.

Fooled her. She quit that barking and pacing.
          great idea, but my dog barks through the collar, albeit much more quietly as the shock increases with every successive bark. Last night when I got home, he had barked 24x throughout the day (my collar gives red flashes for 5x barks and green flashes for individual barks)

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
            I think everybody has had that thought once!
            I have never thought such a horrible thing!!!! It was candy with xylitol tossed over the fence into the neighbors yard for me... lol

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
              Funny I put a bark collar on one of my dogs , as it looses its mind over squirrels the neighbors feeds them . I noticed a smell from the dog after about a week . It had been shocked so many times it had two holes in its neck and was infected . She has to stay inside during the day now . and those around me never complained , But its not right as the guy down further has like 6 dogs that bark all freaking day and night ARGGGG
              Has nothing to do with being shocked. Would've had the same marks if the collar had never been turned on. Your dog is simply reacting to the prongs repeatedly rubbing/irritating its skin. Instructions say to never leave it on for periods over 12 hrs, let alone a WEEK. Especially in the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                I dream of taking a 12 gauge to my neighbor’s barking dogs.
                ^^^ This!!^^^ I hate a dog that barks all the time.

Comment

My brother Bill had a barking dog next door that would bark all night long. Talked to the owner he did nothing. Call Animal Control they talked to owner still no luck so he would feed it 2 Benadryl in a pace of cheese one hour before bed time. Dog slept all night and drank a lot of water. lol They moved after about a year.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTownHunter View Post
                    Stories like these are why I live out in the country. I will never live that close to other people, we have plenty of room here in Texas so I take advantage of it.
                    Yeah, me too.
                    But it still happens, even out here.
                    When the neighbor across the road moved in, she complained to me about my dog's barking during the night. Being out here in the sticks, you kinda "drown" things out, which is what I did. Anyways, when my dog would start to bark, I would go out on the porch and see if I could figure out what she's barking at. Lo'be hole, it was my neighbors dog, coming over to crap in my yard. So, when I told my neighbor about it, she never complained again!!!

Comment

My neighbors yappy dog is annoying as hell. Shoot I scold our dog when she barks. She aint a guard dog, she's a pet.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                        I think part of the problem is the dogs breed. I have a Catahoula and they have some serious drive and energy. I don’t see the dog doing very well in that tiny back yard. She seems to be doing her job, just in the wrong place. My $0.02

Love me some Catahoula’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. The city is no place for a catahoula. Especially a small yard.

Comment

Working...
                        X