Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife Update 6/3 -- new development

Update....

Last 7 weeks, my wife has been on bedrest which has kinda turned our lives upside down with 2 other kiddos at home. Ages 4 & 2...

Everything has been going good up until today. She went to her doctor yesterday and everything appeared to be fine and dandy. They called today and said to make our way to Labor & Delivery so she can get an Iron treatment. Her iron levels were extremely low and that is not good for her or the baby.

We get to St. Lukes and of course it takes 2 hours to get the iron treatment from the pharmacy. In the mean time, they have hooked her up to monitor her and the baby and they did not like what they were seeing. She was having contractions every 4 minutes!

Nurse comes back and informs us that we are now guests at St. Lukes and my wife is now being given magnesium sulfide in an IV to stop the contractions. Don't know how long she is going to stay or if they are going to decide to go ahead and take the baby.

I sure thought we were in the clear. Original plan was to have the baby July 6 which was about 2 weeks early. Now who know.

Please continue all of the prayers. My wife and I thank the many of you who have kept us in your thoughts in this exciting, but nervous time.

Maybe this is some of the reasoning behind me being so "crabby" lately..(as my good fishin' bud up told me the other day....all I can say is...."MY BAD"

Many prayers going up for yall - bed rest is tough - can't imagine having 2 little ones running around. My wife did bed rest for 8 weeks and our son was almost a month early when the induced - he and momma are doing great - have faith in the Lord and the doctors - everything will go according to the Lord's plan.

Comment

prayers sent for your family spud

Comment

If it any consolation to you early contractions can be slowed down , my ex, Katherine had to be put on bed rest too and on an IV drip to stop the contractions until we got to 36 weeks which is technically considered full term, 40 wks is ideal..the day after they took her off the IV, she delivered Adam who will turn 8 on the thirteenth of this month...he was a little light for birth weight , but he was a very long 19 1/2 inches and healthy as can be..Everything will be fine, trust in your faith and follow the doctors directions to a T...I know what you are going thru...prayers up

Comment

Praying for you guys!

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

Prayers^^^^

Comment

Spud

You guys are in our prayers keep your head up man i know its tough. If we can do any thing pick up the phone.

Comment

Prayers Sent Up.

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

Prayer up for yall guys. Keep us updated brother.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

I will continue to keep you , your wife and family in my prayers.

Comment

Prayers sent.
                            Dave

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Working...
                              X