Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #101
TxSon1836
Six Point
 
TxSon1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Oklahoma- Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmill View Post
If it is so boring why is it the most popular sport in the entire world? Also, why are the top 3 highest paid athletes in the world soccer players?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know one reason for the world wide popularity is its a very cheap game to play. kids anywhere in the world can find something to use as a make shift futbol. its one of the few sports that literally anyone can play in some form or fashion. and just like with most sports kids that grow up in worse off areas see sports as a way out. if they can reach the same level as their heroes they can escape where they are. I do think there are some great aspects of the game for instance the non stop clock I like ball goes out of bounds just hurry up and get it back in play no reason to stop time to reset make sure everyones ready forget that keep the game moving. I also do like how much has to go right for a goal to happen its like the NHL 10yrs ago. mostly 3 total goal games just hads that much more value/loss to scoring a goal or having one scored on you.
TxSon1836 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 03:24 PM   #102
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri
Default

Too slow. Not enough scoring and to many fake my knee hurt, I was fouled, back and forth without shots on goal.
Then again I've pretty much written off all of organized sports.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #103
JHT
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
You both seem to think I'm talking the whole women's world cup vs the whole men's world cup, and only those specific tournaments. I don't care about the other countries or individual tournaments, I'm only discussing OUR country's teams, and their total revenue generation. This includes sponsorships, tournament winnings, ticket sales, and ad sales by viewership.

The USWNT has generated $50.8 Million from 2016-2018, the USMNT $49.9 million.

Oh, and the USWNT beats the USMNT in ratings and ticket sales if you were wondering.

Your not getting the big picture.

Do you know who Christian Pulisic is?
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 04:05 PM   #104
sir shovelhands
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Your not getting the big picture.

Do you know who Christian Pulisic is?
Pretty simple picture to me: the USWNT and USMNT are both paid by the USSF. The USWNT brings in more money to the USSF, yet is paid less. That's why there's a dispute.

I'm aware of who Pulisic is, but please, do explain what you consider to be the big picture.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 05:07 PM   #105
JHT
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
Pretty simple picture to me: the USWNT and USMNT are both paid by the USSF. The USWNT brings in more money to the USSF, yet is paid less. That's why there's a dispute.

I'm aware of who Pulisic is, but please, do explain what you consider to be the big picture.
Maybe the difference in pay has to do with the women's team ordering 98 different sets of uniforms before they settle on one, 76 pairs of cleats a piece only to wear then once, 24 hour long photo shoots that no one will agree on which one to use, having to need 21 chef's travel with the team so everybody can get what they want to eat 24-7, a 5000 TB server to host all the selfies, $510,000 dry cleaning bill a week for re-washes cause they didn't look right, $15.2 million in airplane fuel wasted because somebody forgot something back home and had to turn around to get, 51 different hair and makeup stylists on call 24-7 for the team, $17.9 million extra for the security team for combat pay when Flo's pheromones attacks the group, $27.3 million in lost hotel deposits because not everyone had a pool view, $61.7 million in per diem overages when shopping wherever.

It all adds up.



Life isn't fair. They had 8 years of Rosie, Winfrey and Obama championing their cause to fight the system and got nothing. It's not up to us.

JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 05:13 PM   #106
Mudslinger
Pope & Young
 
Mudslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lubbock, TX
Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA
Default

Now they complain because other “mens” teams are playing on the same dat, not the same time but the same day. The women on this squad would ***** about being hung with a new rope.
Mudslinger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 05:27 PM   #107
muzzyslinger
Ten Point
 
muzzyslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Howe tx
Hunt In: Grayson and Fannin Counties
Default

Does anybody actually watch soccer?????
muzzyslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 05:56 PM   #108
rladner
Pope & Young
 
rladner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coppell
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
Pretty simple picture to me: the USWNT and USMNT are both paid by the USSF. The USWNT brings in more money to the USSF, yet is paid less. That's why there's a dispute.

I'm aware of who Pulisic is, but please, do explain what you consider to be the big picture.
Two points. First, link your source for funds please. Second, the only reason there MAY be an equal amount for the years you site is due to the fact the US failed to qualify on the men's side for the worldcup. Your numbers show it even, but if the men qualified it would not even be close. You have taken a small sample size. Expand that to 10 or 15 years and see what you have. Ticket sales on the men's side is far greater than women's in every country except the us. Which means all road games are more lucrative for the men. Viewership worldwide is greater for the men, which means greater advertising dollars. I love soccer, but would much rather watch men play over women. I've never been to a women's game, but lost track of how many men's games I've been to. I'm not alone.

Now they are crying about the fact that there are two other tournament finals on Sunday for men's teams. They don't conflict on time, but the women are upset about it. Why? If they have a better product then what's the problem? They are losing sympathy.
rladner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #109
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Men compete at the highest possible level of their sport, the womenís team would get smoked by a good high school boys team, and has.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #110
sir shovelhands
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
Two points. First, link your source for funds please.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-wom...es-11560765600

or

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanlak.../#3d51d7777b68

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
Second, the only reason there MAY be an equal amount for the years you site is due to the fact the US failed to qualify on the men's side for the worldcup. Your numbers show it even, but if the men qualified it would not even be close.
Actually the men failing to qualify for the world cup in 2018 makes the comparison even MORE persuasive, since the numbers I quoted were from 2016 - 2018: there was no world cup for women to compete in (2015 was the last one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
You have taken a small sample size. Expand that to 10 or 15 years and see what you have.
True, the sample size is not huge. But consider if your boss told you that the last 3 years of producing as much revenue as a fellow employee who was paid 4x as much as you wasn't good enough to be paid similarly, you'd probably think



Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
Ticket sales on the men's side is far greater than women's in every country except the us. Which means all road games are more lucrative for the men. Viewership worldwide is greater for the men, which means greater advertising dollars.
There's one problem with your argument, media agreements. The USSF makes agreements with American media companies like ESPN to cover their games for a share of the advertising profits. In other countries, the other team's federations do the same. When they play each other, whatever network people watch the game on decides which federation gets their money. To give a simplified example:

if the US (media agreement with ESPN) plays Brazil (media agreement with XYZ), and 200,000 americans watch on ESPN, and 1,000,000 brazilians watch on XYZ, the USSF only gets paid advertising dollars based upon having 200,000 viewers.

So no, the men don't benefit from foreigners watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
I love soccer, but would much rather watch men play over women. I've never been to a women's game, but lost track of how many men's games I've been to. I'm not alone.
And..?
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 08:27 PM   #111
rladner
Pope & Young
 
rladner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coppell
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-wom...es-11560765600



or



https://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanlak.../#3d51d7777b68







Actually the men failing to qualify for the world cup in 2018 makes the comparison even MORE persuasive, since the numbers I quoted were from 2016 - 2018: there was no world cup for women to compete in (2015 was the last one).







True, the sample size is not huge. But consider if your boss told you that the last 3 years of producing as much revenue as a fellow employee who was paid 4x as much as you wasn't good enough to be paid similarly, you'd probably think











There's one problem with your argument, media agreements. The USSF makes agreements with American media companies like ESPN to cover their games for a share of the advertising profits. In other countries, the other team's federations do the same. When they play each other, whatever network people watch the game on decides which federation gets their money. To give a simplified example:



if the US (media agreement with ESPN) plays Brazil (media agreement with XYZ), and 200,000 americans watch on ESPN, and 1,000,000 brazilians watch on XYZ, the USSF only gets paid advertising dollars based upon having 200,000 viewers.



So no, the men don't benefit from foreigners watching.







And..?
Sample size is very relevant because soccer usually runs a 4 year cycle. Usually world cup to world cup. My company has a one year cycle so that comparison isn't really apples to apples. Include a world cup for both. Also the men's world cup is far more lucrative. More teams.

Remember, the world cup is the most popular sporting event in the world......but on the men's side.

And advertising dollars are affected by viewership. Viewership in the US is still stronger for the men than the women.
rladner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 08:29 PM   #112
rladner
Pope & Young
 
rladner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coppell
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-wom...es-11560765600



or



https://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanlak.../#3d51d7777b68







Actually the men failing to qualify for the world cup in 2018 makes the comparison even MORE persuasive, since the numbers I quoted were from 2016 - 2018: there was no world cup for women to compete in (2015 was the last one).







True, the sample size is not huge. But consider if your boss told you that the last 3 years of producing as much revenue as a fellow employee who was paid 4x as much as you wasn't good enough to be paid similarly, you'd probably think











There's one problem with your argument, media agreements. The USSF makes agreements with American media companies like ESPN to cover their games for a share of the advertising profits. In other countries, the other team's federations do the same. When they play each other, whatever network people watch the game on decides which federation gets their money. To give a simplified example:



if the US (media agreement with ESPN) plays Brazil (media agreement with XYZ), and 200,000 americans watch on ESPN, and 1,000,000 brazilians watch on XYZ, the USSF only gets paid advertising dollars based upon having 200,000 viewers.



So no, the men don't benefit from foreigners watching.







And..?
As for the "and"............ I think I provided that just before the "and". I'm in the majority with that.....sooo.......
rladner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 08:39 PM   #113
zztex
Pope & Young
 
zztex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LaPorte
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzyslinger View Post
Does anybody actually watch soccer?????
No
zztex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 08:43 PM   #114
justletmein
Ten Point
 
justletmein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Public lands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Men compete at the highest possible level of their sport, the womenís team would get smoked by a good high school boys team, and has.
The women actually flop less though so more fun to watch.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #115
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
The women actually flop less though so more fun to watch.


True, but you donít get payed like the best in the world if youíre playing a far less competitive level.

I actually enjoy watching the national teams, even though Iím not a soccer fan. I wonít watch this one though as long as they allow the idiocy on the team that rapino brings.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 09:14 PM   #116
sir shovelhands
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
Sample size is very relevant because soccer usually runs a 4 year cycle. Usually world cup to world cup. My company has a one year cycle so that comparison isn't really apples to apples. Include a world cup for both. Also the men's world cup is far more lucrative. More teams.

Remember, the world cup is the most popular sporting event in the world......but on the men's side.

And advertising dollars are affected by viewership. Viewership in the US is still stronger for the men than the women.
Sure! Let's do the most recent 4 year cycle: 2016-2019. Which includes a world cup for both, 2018 for men, and 2019 for women. Except USMNT didn't even qualify for the 2018 cup. Man, I bet that widens the revenue gap even more since the women made it to the finals (and may soon win it).

As for viewership...I'll repeat: and? Ad sales are only a segment of revenue. The USWNT is still bringing in equivalent revenue. Your argument is moot.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 09:31 PM   #117
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
True, but you donít get payed like the best in the world if youíre playing a far less competitive level.

I actually enjoy watching the national teams, even though Iím not a soccer fan. I wonít watch this one though as long as they allow the idiocy on the team that rapino brings.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. I find it harder every day to pull for them.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #118
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

I'm not a fan of soccer unless it's Team USA in the World Cup and the Olympics. Much, much more the women than men. I guess as a super, super casual fan of soccer, I like to watch a team worth a **** if I'm going to watch it.



Rapinoe, the attention *****, was making me not a fan of World Cup soccer this time around, but then I catch the rest of the team singing their **** hearts out with their hands over their heart during the anthem and just playing the game like it should be played....and I ask myself.... should I quit on or ignore my country's team because one selfish *** attention ***** can't keep her **** mouth shut? I can ignore that fraud and hope for the best for the redm white and blue.... . I'll be tuning in for the final.


Then I can do without watching soccer for a long time again..

Last edited by Smart; 07-05-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 09:51 PM   #119
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
I'm not a fan of soccer unless it's Team USA in the World Cup and the Olympics. Much, much more the women than men. I guess as a super, super casual fan of soccer, I like to watch a team worth a **** if I'm going to watch it.



Rapinoe, the attention *****, was making me not a fan of World Cup soccer this time around, but then I catch the rest of the team singing their **** hearts out with their hands over their heart during the anthem and just playing the game like it should be played....and I ask myself.... should I quit on or ignore my country's team because one selfish *** attention ***** can't keep her **** mouth shut? I can ignore that fraud and hope for the best for the redm white and blue.... . I'll be tuning in for the final.
Exactly, let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 10:00 PM   #120
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
I'm not a fan of soccer unless it's Team USA in the World Cup and the Olympics. Much, much more the women than men. I guess as a super, super casual fan of soccer, I like to watch a team worth a **** if I'm going to watch it.



Rapinoe, the attention *****, was making me not a fan of World Cup soccer this time around, but then I catch the rest of the team singing their **** hearts out with their hands over their heart during the anthem and just playing the game like it should be played....and I ask myself.... should I quit on or ignore my country's team because one selfish *** attention ***** can't keep her **** mouth shut? I can ignore that fraud and hope for the best for the redm white and blue.... . I'll be tuning in for the final.


Then I can do without watching soccer for a long time again..


I still hope they win, Iím just not gonna watch it. Also I fully realize that my not watching will change absolutely nothing.


On a semi related note, I stumbled across Wimbledon today to see that 15yo young American lady takin it to some euro chick....

Coco was bringing that smoke, and Iím here for all of it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 10:49 PM   #121
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I still hope they win, Iím just not gonna watch it. Also I fully realize that my not watching will change absolutely nothing.


On a semi related note, I stumbled across Wimbledon today to see that 15yo young American lady takin it to some euro chick....

Coco was bringing that smoke, and Iím here for all of it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thatís one sport I just will not watch anymore and I played a lot of it growing up through middle school with our townís summer recreation programs. Thankfully HS baseball made you chose between them so I didnít have to play it anymore.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2019, 11:20 PM   #122
TX CHICKEN
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SE TX, Nederland
Hunt In: Karnes County, Jim Hogg and Duval County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I still hope they win, Iím just not gonna watch it. Also I fully realize that my not watching will change absolutely nothing.


On a semi related note, I stumbled across Wimbledon today to see that 15yo young American lady takin it to some euro chick....

Coco was bringing that smoke, and Iím here for all of it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I am a tennis player and she was fun to watch! I hope she can stay modest and enjoy her success. I hate the spoiled brats that are her predecessors.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TX CHICKEN is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #123
Dave
Moderator
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: College Station, Tx
Default

The average NFL game lasts ~3.5 hours, of that the ball is only in play for 11 minutes. At least in soccer the ball is in play for the full 90 minutes of the game.

Many of my international friends say they like American football because it’s so slow they can talk and enjoy drinks and food while not worrying about missing anything in the game. In soccer they can’t look away because the ball is always in play and a scoring opportunity can happen any time. I find it hard to argue with them.

The flopping is annoying and even major soccer fans agree but as long as set piece plays derived from a penalty are such high percentage scoring opportunities then drawing a foul will be a key part of the game. We see it in the NBA where fouls leads to scoring as well.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2019, 06:29 PM   #124
Huntindad
Pope & Young
 
Huntindad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander / Liberty Hill
Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The average NFL game lasts ~3.5 hours, of that the ball is only in play for 11 minutes. At least in soccer the ball is in play for the full 90 minutes of the game.

Many of my international friends say they like American football because itís so slow they can talk and enjoy drinks and food while not worrying about missing anything in the game. In soccer they canít look away because the ball is always in play and a scoring opportunity can happen any time. I find it hard to argue with them.

The flopping is annoying and even major soccer fans agree but as long as set piece plays derived from a penalty are such high percentage scoring opportunities then drawing a foul will be a key part of the game. We see it in the NBA where fouls leads to scoring as well.
agreed
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #125
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

[QUOTE=Dave;14231918]The average NFL game lasts ~3.5 hours, of that the ball is only in play for 11 minutes. At least in soccer the ball is in play for the full 90 minutes of the game.

Many of my international friends say they like American football because itís so slow they can talk and enjoy drinks and food while not worrying about missing anything in the game. In soccer they canít look away because the ball is always in play and a scoring opportunity can happen any time. I find it hard to argue with them.

The flopping is annoying and even major soccer fans agree but as long as set piece plays derived from a penalty are such high percentage scoring opportunities then drawing a foul will be a key part of the game. We see it in the NBA where fouls leads to scoring


So watching a ball go around a huge field for 20 min between actual shots on goal is fun?
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #126
TxAg
Pope & Young
 
TxAg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DFW
Default

If yall don't like watching soccer, it's because you don't understand it. Same with golf and a handful of other sports.
TxAg is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #127
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
If yall don't like watching soccer, it's because you don't understand it. Same with golf and a handful of other sports.
I understand every bit of it. But because I live in a 1st world country I have plenty of options for sporting entertainment.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2019, 10:30 PM   #128
TxAg
Pope & Young
 
TxAg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DFW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
I understand every bit of it. But because I live in a 1st world country I have plenty of options for sporting entertainment.
You have a whole lot of strong opinions. That's great.
TxAg is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #129
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
If yall don't like watching soccer, it's because you don't understand it. Same with golf and a handful of other sports.



Can you lift that broad brush by yourself or did you need help?..
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2019, 10:38 PM   #130
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
You have a whole lot of strong opinions. That's great.
So, whats that got to do with anything?
You said anyone who did not.like.futbol did not understand futbol. I do understand it. It cant hold a candle to football or baseball or even basketball.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2019, 11:13 PM   #131
Dave
Moderator
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: College Station, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
So watching a ball go around a huge field for 20 min between actual shots on goal is fun?
Yes I do.

An 8-12 play drive that stalls out and results in a missed field might take 20+ min of actual time and result in no points being scored. I donít see the difference between the two. A 3.5 hour football game that ends at 21-14 is the same as a 3-2 soccer match as far as number of scores.

I donít need the score to be high to enjoy watching the little battles won and lost that result in an overall win.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #132
IAFFHunter18
Six Point
 
IAFFHunter18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lindale
Hunt In: East Texas, Sonora
Default

GOAL!!!!!!! Good match so far. Come on USA keep it up!!!!
IAFFHunter18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 11:31 AM   #133
tradtiger
Pope & Young
 
tradtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger
Default

Now another goal for US. 2-0, over 73 mins in.
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 11:36 AM   #134
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Lavaca County
Default

US dominating IMO
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #135
myway
Ten Point
 
myway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: Kent county
Default

Why debate it? If you are not watching you are missing out. Every game.. not by any means but I watch the womenís Olympics as well.
myway is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #136
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Glad they won.

Are we really comparing soccer to American football?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #137
Hocks & horns
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Great game!

Unbelievable skilled athletes!
Hocks & horns is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 12:07 PM   #138
curtintex
Pope & Young
 
curtintex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Porter, TX
Hunt In: Trinity County
Default

Good win for the USA. I always like to see our national teams do well. Now, all those players that bring hope and promise to our country can go back to nobody knowing who in the heck they are until Nike shoves them down our throat during the next World Cup or Olympics....especially that purple-headed dude.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 12:12 PM   #139
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Good win for the USA ladies....Congrats to them.



Suck the attention whore scored a goal but hey....the USA got the W!
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 12:14 PM   #140
IAFFHunter18
Six Point
 
IAFFHunter18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lindale
Hunt In: East Texas, Sonora
Default

They played great!! Good win for the US and Great Final to the world cup.
IAFFHunter18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #141
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustoffer View Post
My thoughts? I would rather lose without them than win with them. And I have never watched a complete soccer match, men's or women's, in my life, and never will.
Agreed. It's just a third world type of sport anyway
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #142
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Good stuff....





https://twitter.com/USWNT/status/1147907113865400320
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #143
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Good game, the USWNT kicked arse!!!

Congrats to them!!
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #144
dbaio1
Pope & Young
 
dbaio1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Humble, TX (Atascocita)
Hunt In: Bienville and Jackson Parish Louisiana - Union Community area
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
I'm not a fan of soccer unless it's Team USA in the World Cup and the Olympics. Much, much more the women than men. I guess as a super, super casual fan of soccer, I like to watch a team worth a **** if I'm going to watch it.



Rapinoe, the attention *****, was making me not a fan of World Cup soccer this time around, but then I catch the rest of the team singing their **** hearts out with their hands over their heart during the anthem and just playing the game like it should be played....and I ask myself.... should I quit on or ignore my country's team because one selfish *** attention ***** can't keep her **** mouth shut? I can ignore that fraud and hope for the best for the redm white and blue.... . I'll be tuning in for the final.


Then I can do without watching soccer for a long time again..
Excellent summation. 👍
dbaio1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #145
dustin_mud
Four Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default

Congratulations to the US team, Hell of a run they are on.
dustin_mud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #146
Passthrough
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Gotta love them calls!!
Passthrough is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 02:29 PM   #147
jnd1959
Six Point
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default

I've heard this pay gap argument for 50 years starting with women's professional tennis and my answer has always been the same. For all non contact sports, including soccer, baseball, track field, tennis, basketball, field hockey, billiards, bowling, chess, etc, basically, any sport where hitting an apponent would cause a fowl, let's just have one league. Best players make it, men or women.
jnd1959 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #148
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnd1959 View Post
I've heard this pay gap argument for 50 years starting with women's professional tennis and my answer has always been the same. For all non contact sports, including soccer, baseball, track field, tennis, basketball, field hockey, billiards, bowling, chess, etc, basically, any sport where hitting an apponent would cause a fowl, let's just have one league. Best players make it, men or women.
If that happened there would be no female athletes....at all.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 03:09 PM   #149
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnd1959 View Post
I've heard this pay gap argument for 50 years starting with women's professional tennis and my answer has always been the same. For all non contact sports, including soccer, baseball, track field, tennis, basketball, field hockey, billiards, bowling, chess, etc, basically, any sport where hitting an apponent would cause a fowl, let's just have one league. Best players make it, men or women.
These are contact sports. American football is a collision sport.
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2019, 03:13 PM   #150
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Meh.... the dutch had to play in those wooden shoes. U S had an unfair advantage
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com