Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #201
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Just having come back from Colorado and being schooled on this....I have to disagree with that statement. Hemp can contain up to 3% THC...but again, not regulated, so that percentage can't be confirmed as acculturate in all products sold as Hemp.

Direct from the DEA:
Mary, you say hemp yet post facts about cbd. They are not the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #202
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

I am 100% correct.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #203
Mary
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Not by me. You must have been smoking the good stuff that day. Lol. Puff puff give.

We have been over this a million times.

The hemp oil that is sold at stores in Texas as cbd oil has NO THC. It is not true medicinal full spectrum cbd tincture.

Real full spectrum cbd tincture has up to .3 % thc. It is what treats medical conditions. Illegal to sell or posess in Texas without a prescription which is only available to epilepsy patients. There is a bill in congress now or soon to add other medical conditions in Texas.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Mary. You have us confused. I never said what you claimed I did. The other dude said that the no thc stuff was the same as the .3 thc stuff. That is completely incorrect.

The bolded statement is what I am trying to correct. From DEA...

CBD products claim to have under 0.3% THC, which is classified as hemp.

It can have trace amounts of THC.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #204
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Mary. For god sakes read what I just posted. Lol.

The stuff in stores in Texas has NO cbd or thc. IT IS ILLEGAL IN TEXAS unless you are an epilepsy patient and have a prescription.

The terminology is tricky.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-11-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #205
Mary
Administrator

I understand what you are saying, what I am trying to relate.... you can't guarantee there is no THC in what is sold here. There "could be" trace amounts since it is not regulated. And there ARE stores in Texas that have been selling it with the >3% (just not legally).

And next Monday, more changes coming to Texas regarding all of this.....

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texa...products-texas
Old 06-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #206
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas

Quote:
Mary. For god sakes read what I just posted. Lol.

The stuff in stores in Texas has NO cbd or thc. IT IS ILLEGAL IN TEXAS unless you are an epilepsy patient and have a prescription.

The terminology is tricky.

Incorrect, all cbd has traces of thc, youíre just copy and pasting to make yourself seem smart, my dads best friend in high school is a lab chemist and has a cbd oil business in Texas,heís gone over all the facts with us, while hemp oil cbd has less traces than the full tincture it still had traces, theyíre all the same

Just like with real pot
Two different strands, same end result, one is better for sleep and anxiety, one is better for energy throughout the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ghostgoblin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 01:22 PM   #207
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

So yall buy the hemp oil in hopes that there are enough traces in there?.....when its not guaranteed either way? Sounds like snake oil with a cross your fingers type hope..
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #208
Mary
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
So yall buy the hemp oil in hopes that there are enough traces in there?.....when its not guaranteed either way? Sounds like snake oil with a cross your fingers type hope..
I wouldn't classify it as Snake Oil. I believe there are some great uses for it with or without the varying levels of THC. Probably the most beneficial use is for inflammation/pain. I'm sure it does help some anxiety as well.

I know there are a LOT of other benefits that have been claimed...I have only personally seen results from someone on the 2 mentioned above.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #209
Jason85
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere i can!

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, what I am trying to relate.... you can't guarantee there is no THC in what is sold here. There "could be" trace amounts since it is not regulated. And there ARE stores in Texas that have been selling it with the >3% (just not legally).

And next Monday, more changes coming to Texas regarding all of this.....

What Mary is saying is true and im sure that is hard for you grasp Bob. The CBD products being sold in Texas is not regulated and you can easily find CBD with >3% in shops around Texas. The term "hemp" is nothing but a goverment label put on the plant to make it seem different than cannabis. Hemp is usually harvested early so THC wont be very high. When hemp is grown past 8weeks thc becomes more prevalent and starts to become stronger. Hemp can definitely produce more than 3% thc.
Jason85 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 01:37 PM   #210
Hunting4fun
Six Point

CBD oil is the New Emu farming of Texas. A lot of people thinking they are going to get rich and people think they are getting help when it's the placebo. I can't blame people for wanting to do it the legal way though. Especially if they are drug tested. If you not drug tested just stop beating around the bush and buy some bud from the skater down at the local skate park for hecks sake.

Last edited by Hunting4fun; 06-11-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Hunting4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 01:39 PM   #211
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockValue View Post
How is it with stains?

I got some french dressing on my shirt at lunch. I will gladly use the rest of my CBD oil to test this.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #212
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Boy they got yall all hoodwinked. Lol.

They even put the green crosses on the store. That signifies a dispensary in legal states. Huge marketing scam.

I didn't just start researching last week. Lol.

Two years ago when I googled medicinal value of hemp oil it was a very clear NONE WHATSOEVER. Since these stores started popping up everywhere now you can find articles claiming that it is possible. Lol. Look closely, the article is from the suppliers of these stores. Thay want to sell you their product.

Heck we have a dude on here telling us that the hemp oil in the stores is the same as full spectrum cbd tincture because he and his father say so.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #213
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Bingo.

Fact....if it has THC it is illegal in Texas to 99.99999% of Texans.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #214
Mary
Administrator

The majority of my info came direct from the DEA. Not from any marketing firm/store.

Why would a store want to send out information that could get them busted?

I agree with your post above. It is illegal in Texas, but if you think there are no stores selling it with the >.3% THC...then you are misguided.

All of these stores selling it now, are not doing it legally....but it is being done.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #215
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

It's kinda like the black panther. People insist it's real although the panther does not posess the melanistic gene. Hemp seeds do not posess THC. Cbd oil is made from the plant....therefore it does.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:02 PM   #216
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
The majority of my info came direct from the DEA. Not from any marketing firm/store.
I appreciate the conversation with you on this topic.

I'm really no expert. I have just researched it for years.

What you posted said that CBD, not hemp oil...has so little thc that the dea classifies IT as hemp. Classifies it "as" hemp due to mere trace amounts of thc.

Hemp oil is different. It is made from the seeds. True cbd is made from the plant. Im assuming indica since hemp is made from sativa SEEDS.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:03 PM   #217
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

On a positive note, I have been able to add the word "tincture" to my vocabulary.....so there's that..
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #218
ShockValue
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
I got some french dressing on my shirt at lunch. I will gladly use the rest of my CBD oil to test this.
Hey, I'd happily go drop some coin on some if I thought it would make my back and my knees stop aching and make my hair stop graying/falling out. But the Carpetbagger in Outlaw Josey Wales is all I think of when I hear it advertised as a cure all.
ShockValue is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #219
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Btw, I'm not trying to make myself look smart. Lol. Most of you know that I dont give two ****s what people on social media think of me.

I'm just trying to help folks understand that the stuff in storefronts in Texas is not CBD oil. It's a marketing scam. Yes I know it says CBD on the label......scam.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-11-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #220
Mary
Administrator

Quote:
Btw, I'm not trying to make myself look smart. Lol. Most of you know that I dont give two ****s what people on social media think of me.

I'm just teying to help folks understand that the stuff in storefronts in Texas is not real. It's a marketing scam.

I'm curious why you thing storefronts are not selling it, even though it is illegal. They are. Read this article in Fort Worth Star Telegram.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...225554495.html

People aren't supposed to sell bags of week either because it is illegal....but they do.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:27 PM   #221
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Seriously? They don't put a green cross on their apartment window and advertise we have bubba kush inside. Lol.

I have been in many of them and looked at the products. I am sure some people may be illegally selling true cbd tincture illegally. You really think Texas would allow this? The state people say will be the last if ever to legalize medicinal much less recreational? That article proves me correct again. Any trace amount of thc.....felony. They are misusing the term cbd just as the labeling is a scam. They are selling HEMP OIL disguised as CBD.

Believe what you want. Trot on down there and get you some snake oil cure all.

Fyi, the real stuff can be bought online and shipped to you. You are committing a crime but how will they know unless you get caught with it? This action is more closely related to buying weed in Texas. It's illegal but it's available.

It's not just me. This is a long thread.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-11-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:38 PM   #222
Mary
Administrator

I am going to agree to disagree; however, I think you are being very naive that it is not sold in shops here.

Totally agree it is illegal, but it is being done. While your terminology may be different, there is CBD Oil, or Hemp, or whatever, here with >.3% THC.

I see your mind can't be changed....mine either

So, I am dropping out now.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #223
Jason85
Ten Point

Quote:
Seriously? They don't put a green cross on their apartment window and advertise we have bubba kush inside. Lol.

I have been in many of them and looked at the products. I am sure some people may be illegally selling true cbd tincture illegally. You really think Texas would allow this? The state people say will be the last if ever to legalize medicinal much less recreational? That article proves me correct again. Any trace amount of thc.....felony. They are misusing the term cbd just as the labeling is a scam. They are selling HEMP OIL disguised as CBD.

Fyi, the real stuff can be bought online and shipped to you. You are committing a crime but how will they know unless you get caught with it? This action is more closely related to buying weed in Texas. It's illegal but it's available.

So you think because its illegal to sell the "real" CBD that Texas wouldn't allow it? Legal states are selling THC products like shatter, wax and THC oil which is federally illegal but still get away with it
Old 06-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #224
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas
Talking

Quote:

have you been to every cbd oil shop in texas? highly doubt it, i know 3 people who own these cbd companies, his hemp oil has thc in it, its a proven fact...me and my dad have talked to lab chemists face to face about this stuff and what goes on in these cbd oil stores, they all have thc in them and they all very low in thc which in the end is all the same

one strain might be better for a person where the other strain might benefit another person better because everyones immune system, digestive system and brain function works differently, ive seen the results behind the scenes in person while you google and copy and paste.....theirs cbd companies who sell 75% thc pen oils.....
ghostgoblin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 02:53 PM   #225
Devin
Administrator

I'm not going to read all this thread, but I'll add my 2 cents of experience.

I've had chronic knee pain for decades from hyper-extending it in high school and it's developed mild arthritis through the years. Not enough to warrant surgery, just would wake me up in the middle of the night throbbing after I'd worked out or ran the day before. Since I started crossfit earlier this year it became almost nightly. I'd heard the hype of CBD and thought why not try. I bought some at a local nature store and put it on my knee at bedtime and wrap it up. Within days no knee pain at all. It's been 5-6 months since I started and I've not had one episode.

Do note that the local DA came in and shut down the shop I got mine at a couple of months ago because they couldn't prove the THC level. I went to another brand at another store and it did not work at all (and cost about 3x what I was paying). Luckily I found a way to buy the original brand online and am back on the CBD happy wagon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #226
mattjproc
Eight Point

Hunt In: Llano

I've read this whole thing and boy is this confusing.

This is how I understand it but I'm no expert. I do not use it myself.

CBD oil that is sold on amazon and stores legally in Texas is made from only hemp seeds which contain no THC. Therefore the CBD oil you bought at walgreens has no THC and very little medicinal value. The real CBD oil can be made from hemp but they make it using the whole plant (flowers, leaves, stems, ect) and it's usually extracted from a c02 process. This type has much more medicinal benefits and contains small amounts of THC. They do 3rd party testing to prove what's in it. These types of CBD oils are sold legally in places like CO and OK. You can only get it in TX legally with a prescription due to epilepsy but that doesn't stop some people.

I'm sure someone will comment shortly on how wrong I am.
mattjproc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #227
Triple 7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin View Post

I've had chronic knee pain for decades from hyper-extending it in high school and it's developed mild arthritis through the years. Not enough to warrant surgery, just would wake me up in the middle of the night throbbing after I'd worked out or ran the day before. Since I started crossfit earlier this year it became almost nightly. I'd heard the hype of CBD and thought why not try. I bought some at a local nature store and put it on my knee at bedtime and wrap it up. Within days no knee pain at all. It's been 5-6 months since I started and I've not had one episode.

Do note that the local DA came in and shut down the shop I got mine at a couple of months ago because they couldn't prove the THC level. I went to another brand at another store and it did not work at all (and cost about 3x what I was paying). Luckily I found a way to buy the original brand online and am back on the CBD happy wagon.
What kind are you buying?
Triple 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #228
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjproc View Post
i've read this whole thing and boy is this confusing.

This is how i understand it but i'm no expert. I do not use it myself.

Cbd oil that is sold on amazon and stores legally in texas is made from only hemp seeds which contain no thc. Therefore the cbd oil you bought at walgreens has no thc and very little medicinal value. The real cbd oil can be made from hemp but they make it using the whole plant (flowers, leaves, stems, ect) and it's usually extracted from a c02 process. This type has much more medicinal benefits and contains small amounts of thc. They do 3rd party testing to prove what's in it. These types of cbd oils are sold legally in places like co and ok. You can only get it in tx legally with a prescription due to epilepsy but that doesn't stop some people.

I'm sure bob will comment shortly on how wrong i am.

fify
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #229
Triple 7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple 7 View Post
What kind are you buying?

You can PM me. My arthritis is terrible. Iíll try anything. If you donít want to then Iíll understand

Triple 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #230
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

I know this is related to the CBD hemp flower but this page will answer a lot of questions.

https://berkshirecbd.com/faqs/

The CBD hemp flower is perfectly legal in all 50 states.

https://berkshirecbd.com/is-cbd-flower-legal-2019/
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #231
Jason85
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I know this is related to the CBD hemp flower but this page will answer a lot of questions.

https://berkshirecbd.com/faqs/

The CBD hemp flower is perfectly legal in all 50 states.

https://berkshirecbd.com/is-cbd-flower-legal-2019/

Bob is about to tell you your wrong!! lol.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #232
Johnny
Pope & Young

As Mary pointed out, as of today, Governor Abbott signs law legalizing hemp production and CBD products in Texas. End of Story.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #233
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason85 View Post
Bob is about to tell you your wrong!! lol.
Nope. Never heard of it or researched it.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:54 PM   #234
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
fify
Boy there is something wrong with you're reading comprehension. He is spot on. Almost exactly what I said.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #235
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin View Post

Boom goes the dynamite.

Told ya.

Lol.

They were selling cbd illegally and it worked. They got shut down. Now he get's hemp oil and it does......not.....do.....anything.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #236
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
As Mary pointed out, as of today, Governor Abbott signs law legalizing hemp production and CBD products in Texas. End of Story.

Time to open a shop.

This is awesome. I read it as of right now CBD oil with up to .3% thc, which is real cbd, not hemp oil disguised as cbd, is now legal for anyone.

Greatness.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:40 PM   #237
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjproc View Post
I've read this whole thing and boy is this confusing.

This is how I understand it but I'm no expert. I do not use it myself.

CBD oil that is sold on amazon and stores legally in Texas is made from only hemp seeds which contain no THC. Therefore the CBD oil you bought at walgreens has no THC and very little medicinal value. The real CBD oil can be made from hemp but they make it using the whole plant (flowers, leaves, stems, ect) and it's usually extracted from a c02 process. This type has much more medicinal benefits and contains small amounts of THC. They do 3rd party testing to prove what's in it. These types of CBD oils are sold legally in places like CO and OK. You can only get it in TX legally with a prescription due to epilepsy but that doesn't stop some people.

I'm sure someone will comment shortly on how wrong I am.
Nailed it.

But apparently this all changed today.

Time to celebrate.

Now hopefully they will decriminalize possesion of under an ounce soon.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #238
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Boy there is something wrong with you're reading comprehension. He is spot on. Almost exactly what I said.

oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #239
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:

All hail Bob, the oracle of all things weed.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #240
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I was gonna let Bob have that one.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:06 PM   #241
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
All hail Bob, the oracle of all things weed, dogs, salsa, snowboarding, BBQ, Crawdads, tanks, Hill Country, the coast, pickups, the tide, I 35.
I'm sure I'm missing a dozen or so.
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #242
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Ok, so now that itís legal, how is the best way to determine which ones have the good stuff in it? Iím sure theyíll lie and say it all does..

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #243
Johnny
Pope & Young

Here is a good place to start for some of the reputable full spectrum CBD oils on the market.

https://www.tuck.com/best-cbd-oils/

Old 06-11-2019, 09:17 PM   #244
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Thanks Johnny!

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 10:27 PM   #245
DZM
Six Point

Hunt In: Jones & Jack County

Bought my wife some of the NuLeaf CBD a couple months ago. It is a full spectrum tincture. It’s actually the first one listed on the link Johnny just posted. She broke her leg several years ago and still has pain quite a bit. The CBD has definitely helped. She also has had anxiety in the past and it seems to be non existent now. I take it sometimes when my knee is aching and it seems to take away the pain for the day. I am a believer.
DZM is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 10:41 PM   #246
Rex
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Ok, so now that itís legal, how is the best way to determine which ones have the good stuff in it? Iím sure theyíll lie and say it all does..

Patiently waiting Bobís input on this. Certainly he has the answer. Lol.
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 10:55 PM   #247
Boyd1212
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jack County, Washington State

I live in Washington now, so I can just drive down to town and walk in and buy any weed or oil I want. I don’t, but I can. Lol Heard it’s helped a lot of folks.
Boyd1212 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 11:57 PM   #248
Froggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land

[QUOTE=Burntorange Bowhunter;14192652]Seriously? They don't put a green cross on their apartment window and advertise we have bubba kush inside. Lol.

Link to where the real stuff can be purchased online? Asking for a friend.
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #249
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Lol. How in the world did I do that? Lol.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:46 AM   #250
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Patiently waiting Bobís input on this. Certainly he has the answer. Lol.
Yes, I do. It's fairly simple.....Google. see the link Johnny posted. Also, it will say full spectrum cbd tincture.....not hemp oil.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-12-2019 at 09:33 AM.