Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #151
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Iíve looked into this (a little bit) for my father in law, it sounds like thereís nothing you can get in Texas legally that has any real value. It seems the real deal is available in Oklahoma with prescription...does that sound right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 09:46 AM   #152
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

For whats its worth I had a bad anxiety this weekend triggered by a situation on Friday. The CBD did nothing noticeable this time. So I am not sure what to think now...but I decided not to purchase anymore. Further research the last couple weeks appears there isn't anything chemically in this stuff you can purchase in Texas that affects your body. Might as well just be dandelion oil, or crabgrass oil. I am starting to think it is popular because of its apparent ties back to Cannibus...to which it is not. I understand I have done a complete 180 from my previous post.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 10:28 AM   #153
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

I been trying to tell fools this for months.

Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 10:30 AM   #154
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Iíve looked into this (a little bit) for my father in law, it sounds like thereís nothing you can get in Texas legally that has any real value. It seems the real deal is available in Oklahoma with prescription...does that sound right?

It is legal in Texas, by prescription for epilepsy patients only.

The stuff legally sold in Texas is hemp oil labeled as CBD. Total farce.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #155
Mary
Administrator

Quote:

In Colorado and Oklahoma, you have to be a legal resident to obtain a subscription. Sending you a PM.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #156
4x4 AG
Eight Point

Hunt In: Fredericksburg

I am on CBD for the issues that you listed before. Not severe anxiety, but general anxiety that completely screwed with my sleeping. I have been on it for a while and have pulled off any meds that dr. had prescribed. I also just went through shoulder surgery and was told to add it to my daily inflammation routine and I have to say it has helped there as well.

I don't think that CBD is a replacement for where prescription meds are needed. But I do see where it helps with acute issues. I sleep better with it, placed under my tongue before I go to bed. I also find that briefly helps with the radiating pain down my arm from shoulder surgery. I haven't seen any negative effects from it. I have the wife on it currently for helping with sleep. She is my test for it working on someone with wanting no more than help relaxing and good nights sleep.

The brand I use is HempWorx. They are out of Las Vegas and are one of the 10 companies the FDA has backed at this time. The other we looked at was Charlotte's Web out of Denver, also one the FDA has backed.
Amazon is full of a bunch of fake stuff. So buyer beware.
4x4 AG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #157
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
In Colorado and Oklahoma, you have to be a legal resident to obtain a subscription. Sending you a PM.
Incorrect for Colorado. All weed is legal for recreation.

Correct for Oklahoma.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #158
Mary
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Incorrect for Colorado. All weed is legal for recreation.

Correct for Oklahoma.

In Colorado, there is the Medical version and the Recreational Version. To obtain the Medical version, you have to be a resident of the state to get a prescription. I know this as fact and was replying specifically to Dale's comment.

I'm not talking about the street side shops that sell Recreational only.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #159
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

We are looking for some kind of topical application for pain.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #160
Jspradley
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
For whats its worth I had a bad anxiety this weekend triggered by a situation on Friday. The CBD did nothing noticeable this time. So I am not sure what to think now...but I decided not to purchase anymore. Further research the last couple weeks appears there isn't anything chemically in this stuff you can purchase in Texas that affects your body. Might as well just be dandelion oil, or crabgrass oil. I am starting to think it is popular because of its apparent ties back to Cannibus...to which it is not. I understand I have done a complete 180 from my previous post.

Sorry you had to go through that man...anxiety attacks suck.
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #161
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
In Colorado, there is the Medical version and the Recreational Version. To obtain the Medical version, you have to be a resident of the state to get a prescription. I know this as fact and was replying specifically to Dale's comment.

I'm not talking about the street side shops that sell Recreational only.
Yes you are correct. I forgot. Actually I didn't realize the minute amount of thc in cbd would place it in the medicinal category in that state. Seems dumb. You can buy high thc rec weed but not less than .03 % thc cbd oil without a prescription.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-10-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #162
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
I got my card when I had to medically retire last year. I can get better much better deals with a three hour drive to CO. I prefer a high CBD strain with about 5-6 % THC. It helps me breathe better.

Last edited by ladrones; 06-10-2019 at 12:09 PM.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #163
trjones87
Pope & Young

Quote:

jenna owens from the kid kraddick show started a line of CBD topicals and stuff and is getting incredible reviews https://fitish.com/. I dont think its for pain though
trjones87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #164
Hunter Dan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

People have been selling cure alls and snake oil since the days of stage coaches but the effectiveness has not changed. Products that have to be sold by MLM are sold that way for a reason IMHO.
Hunter Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #165
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 AG View Post
I am on CBD for the issues that you listed before. Not severe anxiety, but general anxiety that completely screwed with my sleeping. I have been on it for a while and have pulled off any meds that dr. had prescribed. I also just went through shoulder surgery and was told to add it to my daily inflammation routine and I have to say it has helped there as well.

I don't think that CBD is a replacement for where prescription meds are needed. But I do see where it helps with acute issues. I sleep better with it, placed under my tongue before I go to bed. I also find that briefly helps with the radiating pain down my arm from shoulder surgery. I haven't seen any negative effects from it. I have the wife on it currently for helping with sleep. She is my test for it working on someone with wanting no more than help relaxing and good nights sleep.
But what exact chemical is causing you to sleep better and helping you with inflammation thats in the CBD oil?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #166
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Sorry you had to go through that man...anxiety attacks suck.
Thanks man. My dad was crippled from them at about my age and unable to work anymore by 50 years old. Went through electro shocks and everything. Nothing worked. Hoping to not have inherited the same thing.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #167
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

The heck with CBD oil. Just go straight to the real CBD buds and smoke it. Legal in all 50 states.

https://berkshirecbd.com/
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #168
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
The heck with CBD oil. Just go straight to the real CBD buds and smoke it. Legal in all 50 states.

x2 on this, my dad tried the CBD oil for his Rheumatoid Arthritis and while it helped it wasn't the cure all...I got him a batch of this to smoke because of the reviews and now he's reduced his meds overall for his Ra by 80% and that's amazing considering how many different prescriptions he was taking....

and by the way if you folks are worried about failing a drug test don't worry it has zero thc in it....if you fail a drug test because of it well you were lying to your peers and yourself because you smoked actual pot..
ghostgoblin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #169
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes you are correct. I forgot. Actually I didn't realize the minute amount of thc in cbd would place it in the medicinal category in that state. Seems dumb. You can buy high thc rec weed but not less than .03 % thc cbd oil without a prescription.

What is your opinion regarding the buds that Johnny and GhostGoblin mentioned?
Old 06-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #170
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Dan View Post
People have been selling cure alls and snake oil since the days of stage coaches but the effectiveness has not changed. Products that have to be sold by MLM are sold that way for a reason IMHO.
Yup.
I can't see any CBD oil w/out THC having any effect. And if it's for anxiety, it better be a small amount of THC. I see people all the time get anxiety/panic attacks from THC that's too high in potency for them. (not friends, patients @ work)
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #171
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Throckmorton County

Quote:
I'm interested in the same thing for my father, but not necessarily topical. He's 75 and broke his back several years ago as well as having a degenerative shoulder issue and is no longer a candidate for joint replacement. He does good to string together 3-4 hours of sleep a night.
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 04:51 PM   #172
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
x2 on this, my dad tried the CBD oil for his Rheumatoid Arthritis and while it helped it wasn't the cure all...I got him a batch of this to smoke because of the reviews and now he's reduced his meds overall for his Ra by 80% and that's amazing considering how many different prescriptions he was taking....

and by the way if you folks are worried about failing a drug test don't worry it has zero thc in it....if you fail a drug test because of it well you were lying to your peers and yourself because you smoked actual pot..
Wait! It works without having THC in it? How can that be? Weíve been told it doesnít.
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 05:10 PM   #173
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:

An eighth of hemp flower for 70 bucks. Wow.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #174
Jspradley
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Wait! It works without having THC in it? How can that be? Weíve been told it doesnít.
Cannabidiol has effects, most CBD oil just doesnt have enough to show an effect
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #175
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
No. It does not. Hemp oil has no thc. It has no medicinal value. Real cbd has trace amounts of thc.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #176
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Donít get it twisted, my uncle who is now retired gets pen oils that have 99% thc in them and he claims itís killed his pain but for those who have drug tests the bud form of cbd is an excellent alternative, for those folks not wanting to try cbd oil at all and want to try a pain cream, check out voodoo pain relief cream, best pain relief on the market , I have a terrible back from golf and itís helped me so much I barely have any pain anymore

Old 06-10-2019, 08:44 PM   #177
4x4 AG
Eight Point

Quote:
But what exact chemical is causing you to sleep better and helping you with inflammation thats in the CBD oil?
I am not certain what is actually causing the benefits. But Hempworx has a THC version. And I actually use that. It is low dose THC version.

I have had good results with it. I feel you on anxiety attacks. While mine may have not been as bad as some. I did end up in the ER once and have had many other episodes since. I have had the least since being on the CBD regular for a few months.

The aid in pain after my surgery was my drs recommendation and it has been a saver at times.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #178
RLB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comal County

Quote:
About 8 years ago I was put on Effexor XR becouse i began having panic attacks for no reason and it began to affect my job performance. The medicine has worked well, and really havent had a bad incident since. However it is no longer covered by my insurance and what was $7 for a month supply is now $320. My wife made me go purchase CBD oil in hopes of replacing the now non affordable medication. I will start taking it tomorrow. Has anyone had a good / bad experience from it? What should I expect? I am really weary of something that kinda claims to "cure nearly everything". It was $70 for a 2 month supply.
I buy Effexor XR every month without insurance, using GoodRX, never pay more than $30.
RLB is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #179
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Would this help with sleep?

I’m at my wits end trying to find something to help me sleep
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 09:33 PM   #180
4x4 AG
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post

Iím at my wits end trying to find something to help me sleep

That is what I originally started it for. Though I had anxiety about not sleeping. So a twofer.

The wife uses it only for sleep.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:51 PM   #181
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
An eighth of hemp flower for 70 bucks. Wow.
?? It's like $9.95 a gram.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post

Iím at my wits end trying to find something to help me sleep
Yes

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 10:07 PM   #182
RLB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comal County

Duplicate
RLB is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 10:33 PM   #183
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Beware, different brands get different results. We tried one and had excellent relief od inflammation, joint pain etc. switched to another brand that was supposedly a stronger mix yet less expensive. Might of well been sugar water. Pain and joint inflammation returned. Went back yo original brand and feel great again
bboswell is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2019, 11:26 PM   #184
toledo
Eight Point

Hunt In: the road by your lease

Im cautious of any cure-alls but I fully understand being willing to try anything if you are in a bad enough bind. Another option for those interested in CBD is to grow your own and make your own oil. Growers Choice Seeds out of California will mail high CBD/ low THC seeds directly to you. Yes it is illegal in Texas. You would be growing marijuana in the eyes of the law. From what I understand of it, the leaves are supposed to contain the majority of CBD so no need to grow buds. I would think how much trouble you got in if you were caught would depend on how much you had and the county you were in. Yes illegal but better than ingesting some mystery oil from a shady company.
toledo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #185
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Quote:

check out Voodoo pain relief cream, probably the best topical application for pain on the market
Old 06-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #186
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:

Hail ya.....F big pharma!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #187
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

the amount of THC in CBD that has THC in it is like .00004%, which is basically nothing, my dad and I have taken both and they're the same...the bud version seems to help my dad the most, the best explanation for that Is I think is that his body reacts better by smoking it and the aroma helps put him to sleep, and the effects lasts longer
Old 06-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #188
Triple 7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches

Quote:

How much did he smoke and how fast did it work? I have Psoriatic Arthritis and I'm willing to try anything at this point.
Triple 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #189
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple 7 View Post
How much did he smoke and how fast did it work? I have Psoriatic Arthritis and I'm willing to try anything at this point.
I pre-rolled him joints, he would smoke half of the joint most of the time, sometimes the full joint if his pain was pretty bad that day and he was all riled up on his meds for his RA....
Old 06-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #190
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
the amount of THC in CBD that has THC in it is like .00004%, which is basically nothing, my dad and I have taken both and they're the same...the bud version seems to help my dad the most, the best explanation for that Is I think is that his body reacts better by smoking it and the aroma helps put him to sleep, and the effects lasts longer
Incorrect.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #191
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Quote:
Incorrect.

ok how so mr expert? My dad has been dealing with RA for 8 years and ive researched this topic to death for 6 years trying to find him the best possible natural supplement for his pain, so please explain....Im trying to help folks out while your trying to be the smartest guy in the room so if you're not giving anyone help advice just please get out of the thread.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #192
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

I have a story about topicals. 30 years ago way before the cbd craze, my dad would put a 1/4 ounce of weed in an alcohol bottle and let it soak for two weeks or so. He had bad knees. He would rub it on his knees and swore by it for pain relief. He learned this from employees from Mexico. We used to give him **** about ruining good weed, just smoke it old man. Knowing what we know now about cbd I'm betting his stuff really worked.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #193
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
ok how so mr expert? My dad has been dealing with RA for 8 years and ive researched this topic to death for 6 years trying to find him the best possible natural supplement for his pain, so please explain....Im trying to help folks out while your trying to be the smartest guy in the room so if you're not giving anyone help advice just please get out of the thread.
Lmao.

So you are saying hemp oil is no different than full tincture cbd oil? If so you are the one that needs to leave the thread.

Ok Mr. Smarty Pants......why are they seen differently in the medical community and the state of Texas? One is illegal and has medicinal value. The other is sold everywhere.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #194
Mary
Administrator

Quote:
Lmao.

So you are saying hemp oil is no different than full tincture cbd oil? If so you are the one that needs to leave the thread.

Ok Mr. Smarty Pants......why are they seen differently in the medical community and the state of Texas? One is illegal and has medicinal value. The other is sold everywhere.

Hold on....are you saying there is zero THC in CBD oil?

If that is what you are saying, that is inaccurate. Most CBD oils claim to have under .3% (which classifies as hemp), but that really depends on the manufacturer since it is not regulated.

The differences:

Quote:
Medical use involves utilizing the whole unprocessed plant or the chemicals within it to lessen the symptoms of various conditions or diseases. The main players are Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD).

Some medical cannabis can contain higher levels of CBD than what is seen in recreational marijuana. When consumed, individuals do not experience the extreme “high” sensation commonly associated with the recreational type. Recreational marijuana typically contains higher levels of THC content compared to the medical variant and is often used for the “high” effect as opposed to its benefits.

While there’s no definite difference between the flowers and concentrates of both types, the potency of medical cannabis is usually high.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:20 PM   #195
ShockValue
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country

How is it with stains?

ShockValue is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 12:25 PM   #196
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:

If that is what you are saying, that is inaccurate. Most CBD oils claim to have under .3% (which classifies as hemp), but that really depends on the manufacturer since it is not regulated.

The differences:
This is what a buddy who IS an expert and works at a grow in Oklahoma told me. But I was told he was INCORRECT..

Last edited by oktx; 06-11-2019 at 12:28 PM.
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #197
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:

The differences:
No.

Hemp oil has no THC. Full spectrum cbd tincture has up to 3%.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #198
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

.3%.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:37 PM   #199
Mary
Administrator

Quote:
No.

Hemp oil has no THC. Full spectrum cbd tincture has up to 3%.

Just having come back from Colorado and being schooled on this....I have to disagree with that statement. Hemp can contain up to 3% THC...but again, not regulated, so that percentage can't be confirmed as acculturate in all products sold as Hemp.

Direct from the DEA:
Quote:
The DEA states, ďfor practical purposes, all extracts that contain CBD will also contain at least small amounts of other cannabinoids. Although it might be theoretically possible to produce a CBD extract that contains absolutely no amounts of other cannabinoids, the DEA is not aware of any industrially-utilized methods that have achieved this result.Ē
Old 06-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #200
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
This is what a buddy who IS an expert and works at a grow in Oklahoma told me. But I was told he was INCORRECT..
Not by me. You must have been smoking the good stuff that day. Lol. Puff puff give.

We have been over this a million times.

The hemp oil that is sold at stores in Texas as cbd oil has NO THC. It is not true medicinal full spectrum cbd tincture.

Real full spectrum cbd tincture has up to .3 % thc. It is what treats medical conditions. Illegal to sell or posess in Texas without a prescription which is only available to epilepsy patients. There is a bill in congress now or soon to add other medical conditions in Texas.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Mary. You have us confused. I never said what you claimed I did. The other dude said that the no thc stuff was the same as the .3 thc stuff. That is completely incorrect.