Grizzly broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grizzly broadheads

So I finally made the leap and ordered my 3rivers cart. Pack or Grizzly broadheads are on the way, shaving out some Doug fir shafts for em and my moms friend is sending me Canadian goose feathers. Hopefully I have some good hunting arrows in a week or 2.

3 questions though, anyone else use Grizzly broadheads? If so what do you think about em?

3rd, what spine wood shaft sounds right for a 185 grain head on a 28" shaft out of a 47# bow? Pretty much center shot. I'm thinking 65-70?

I've used them for years, love em, complete penetration and good blood trails.
    When you sharpen them, be sure to remove the burr on the underside of the bevel.
    65-70 should be pretty close.

Comment

Love my grizzlies, if you ever smack into some bone, clean it off and you'll be amazed.
      Start practicing getting them as soon as you get them. And what Peanut said.

Comment

65-70 should work and I've used Grizzlies and they fly great and get great penetration as long as they are razor sharp. Had a complete pass through on a doe last year with 42#@26". As for blood trails, I've had mixed results with them which is why I've switched to a little wider heads...

Comment

Great broadheads!! I use 160 grain single bevel Grizzlies mounted on Gold Tip shafts, so Im not able to help with the wood spine but always remember that a sharp broadhead with proper placement always gets it done!!

Comment

I used the 160 gr on cedar arrows for several years. Great on penetration and will spiral as going through deer. I always got complete a pass through but like said above blood trails sometimes could be less than good. I also changed to a wider head due to this.

It's a good head and will fly true.

JC

Comment

Working...
            X