single blade broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single blade broadheads

The single blade broadhead.The single most deadly arrowhead for traditional bows?

That's what I understand from what I've read. I bought some to try but haven't connected yet.

Comment

No such thing as best. Sharp is best. Pretty much personal preference.
      A sharp blade, from a tunned arrow and in the right place is all you need.
      The majority of 2 blades have better penetration than a 3 blade, but theres 3 blade BH's that penetrate better than some 2 blade. Didn't make much sense, huh?

Comment

I love em.Put a few down quick with them. Got a coyote with a four blade this year , She didn't go far . Its all about shot placement as everyone knows. Something about the single blade just seems right.

Comment

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
          No such thing as best. Sharp is best. Pretty much personal preference.
          A sharp blade, from a tunned arrow and in the right place is all you need.
          The majority of 2 blades have better penetration than a 3 blade, but theres 3 blade BH's that penetrate better than some 2 blade. Didn't make much sense, huh?
          This is spot on^^^^

If you are well tuned, have razor sharp heads, and put the arrow in the right place, you will be good!

Bisch

Comment

Single blade?

I'm assuming you are referring to what is commonly called a two blade?

MEsquivel (Manuel) covered it pretty good. 3 blade heads that are close to the 3:1 ratio & sharp will normally penetrate just as well as a 2 blade.

Rick

Comment

Vpa three blades penetrate as well or better then most two blades. Built tough as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                Single blade?

I'm assuming you are referring to what is commonly called a two blade?

MEsquivel (Manuel) covered it pretty good. 3 blade heads that are close to the 3:1 ratio & sharp will normally penetrate just as well as a 2 blade.

Rick
                Just what i call them. Anyone tell the diff in blood trails?

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                  Vpa three blades penetrate as well or better then most two blades. Built tough as well.
                  These are all I use. I use the 175gr screw ins, and they are very close to the 3:1 ratio.

I've killed probably close to 4 dozen large critters with them, and have never failed to get two holes. Most of the time complete pass through even on some 30 yard shots.

Rick

Comment

I have been hunting with untuned arrows and dull broadheads this whole time. Dang

Comment

I wonder if the Snuffers have the 3:1 ratio. Guys seem to get good penetration with them out of low poundage bows.

Comment

I know I don't keep up with all the new stuff, so could someone post a picture. I've never heard of these heads.

Thanks,

JC

Comment

I'm really loving my Palmer 4-blade Broadheads, (They are just a bigger Muzzy Phantom) they have a 1 7/16th cut and weigh 162gr.

After enjoying a week with Eichler and Palmer they had me sold.

Big Holes leave big blood trails and that's what's most important to me.

I've personally never lost an animal due to penetration........ but I have lost animals because of lack of Blood to follow.

Comment

I like the muzzy phantom too. Hard to beat a zwickey or magnus for me though.

Comment

I've killed them with 2-blade (or single-blade, depending on how you look at it) and 3-blade (Wensel Woodsman and Snuffer) and they were all just as dead.

However, I have to say the shortest blood trails have all been with 2 blade heads. Not the best blood trails mind you, but the shortest. So take that for what it's worth. Sample size is now up to about 12 deer with traditional gear and hand-sharpened 2 or 3 blade heads.

Bar-none, the shortest blood trails I've ever had have been with the old (now discontinued) Magnus Journeyman heads. Both my son and I have had several deer go down in sight with those heads. I've not once had a deer go more than 100 yards after being shot with one of those. Not sure why. Could be just a coincidence or something, but it is what it is. I have ridiculous confidence in those heads, but I'm down to just 4 of them now.

Comment

Working...
                              X