Lake Waco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Waco

This is my 1st year to hunt there. Any ideas or area suggestion and info?

You will need to put in for the draw. Normally it is late August or early September. If you get drawn, the lake office will send you a card telling you what unit and what dates you have drawen for. I have put in and have been drawn multiple times and know some of the units pretty well.
    Let me know once you get drawn and I would be glad to share any information I have on the unit. Good luck in the draw.

Rwc

Comment

Will do thanks.

Comment

Hey Richard. I just talked to a ranger and he said that archery permit is all that I need to for archery season only.
        They have a limited number of archery season only to give out.

Comment

Hey DW, who did you talk to and how did you get in touch with him? I hunt Aquilla but am very interested in getting on Waco as well.

Thanks!
          Les

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
            Hey DW, who did you talk to and how did you get in touch with him? I hunt Aquilla but am very interested in getting on Waco as well.

Thanks!
            Les

Comment

Thanks Mike! I actually just found that page myself...should have looked before I asked. Have you hunted Waco?

Comment

Permits this year are good for all areas from Oct 1-Nov4. My suggestion is to just pull up the satallite maps to look at each area. I can tell you that N1, N2 and S3 are extremely thick so will likely have less hunting pressure. Like in most public land situations, bikes can be useful in certain areas. No matter what the unit is you hunt you will have opportunities for harvest of legal game, as game is plentifiul all around the lake. If hogs do it for you, the northside of the lake is loaded, especially around the 185 bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
                  Thanks Mike! I actually just found that page myself...should have looked before I asked. Have you hunted Waco?
                  Not since they went to permits..

Comment

I was standing at the lake office this morning when they openned. I was number 100 in the archery permit give away. The ranger signing me in said 100 was all they were giving out.....MAYBE?

Rwc

Comment

Congrats Richard.

Comment

Working...
                      X